1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Financial Documents needed to apply for F2 visa while primary visa holder is on OPT?

Discussion in 'General F Visa and Related Issues' started by sudheer059, Dec 24, 2013.

1. sudheer059

sudheer059 New Member

Hi,

I'm a F-1 visa holder and working on OPT currently. I am applying for a dependant visa (F2) for my wife. My college generated a new I-20 for me and added an additional amount of 3000 $ as expenses for the dependant. So, the total amount shown in my I-20 is 33000. So, when applying for a dependant visa ,

1. Do I have to show financial statements showing that I can cover expenses for the whole amount shown in my I-20 or only for the additional amount (3000$)?

2. I have taken statments from a bank as proof of financial ability while applying for my F1 visa. NOw, can I show my paystubs as proof of financial capability ?

3. If I am required to show proof of financial ability for the whole 33000 $, can I submit a statement that my dad would sponsor this amount? Though my pay stubs would cover this whole amount, I do not have sufficient amount in my bank account now.

Thank you.