Finally ...

terdampar

Registered Users (C)
I am sure most of you might not remember when I posted something here a while ago regarding my problem. My case was transferred to SF Asylum office and after a year passing without any news I just finally found out that they'd lost my file :( ..... then somebody here advised me to send a letter to this email address : nsclawsuit.asylum@dhs.gov and somebody else advised me to keep going and asking my local INS office (which here in Seattle they happen to be nice people). I did both since last September. It's true and speed up my process like express train :) .... within 5 months they suddenly "found" my file again and sent it back to Nebraska Center and then sent me letters asking for additional evidences which I responded right away. There's sometime I felt impatient and frustated but the officer here told me to be patient and wait till the time frame of waiting is over before I sent anymore queries. The group who I sent to (see above) is also responsive.

Finally last Thursday I got a letter from INS stating they have approved my aplication and my card is on the way within 3 weeks!!!

Guys I can not thank you enough for all the support and advices. When I got that card I would like to stand up on a stage and mentioning your names just like receiving my once in a life time Oscar :D

That's why I always recommend this forum everywhere.

Oh I am so happy today.

Asylum granted : March 2002
I-485 sent : May 2006 (don't ask)
Biometric : June 2006
Sent to SF Asylum office from August 06 till August 07 without any clear explanation :confused:
First Thread in this forum: September 07
File sent back to Nebraska : September 07
Medical sent: early November 07
Approval letter : last Thursday

congrats !!! my case is also in a asylum office since july 12 of 07
i hope for the same outcome

I am sure most of you might not remember when I posted something here a while ago regarding my problem. My case was transferred to SF Asylum office and after a year passing without any news I just finally found out that they'd lost my file :( ..... then somebody here advised me to send a letter to this email address : nsclawsuit.asylum@dhs.gov and somebody else advised me to keep going and asking my local INS office (which here in Seattle they happen to be nice people). I did both since last September. It's true and speed up my process like express train :) .... within 5 months they suddenly "found" my file again and sent it back to Nebraska Center and then sent me letters asking for additional evidences which I responded right away. There's sometime I felt impatient and frustated but the officer here told me to be patient and wait till the time frame of waiting is over before I sent anymore queries. The group who I sent to (see above) is also responsive.

Finally last Thursday I got a letter from INS stating they have approved my aplication and my card is on the way within 3 weeks!!!

Guys I can not thank you enough for all the support and advices. When I got that card I would like to stand up on a stage and mentioning your names just like receiving my once in a life time Oscar :D

That's why I always recommend this forum everywhere.

Oh I am so happy today.

Asylum granted : March 2002
I-485 sent : May 2006 (don't ask)
Biometric : June 2006
Sent to SF Asylum office from August 06 till August 07 without any clear explanation :confused:
First Thread in this forum: September 07
File sent back to Nebraska : September 07
Medical sent: early November 07
Approval letter : last Thursday

congrats....

They said I should wait within 3 weeks for my card and in fact yesterday I got the card already!! ... whoo hoo .... :)

Thanks guy

please share your experience

hi buddy
please share your experience with me as i am in same situation.my case has been transfered to sanfrancisco asylum office 18 months ago and after that i tried to contact them but of no use .i tried with my congressman and still no response please share your experince with sanfranciso asylum office.if any help is available your early response will be greatly appreciated.

Terdampar ..... Congratulation on getting this freedom.

As requested by Sukhipatiala, please share your case a little bit more. My wife is in the similar situation. Her case was also transfered to LA asylum office (God knows why) and we havent heard anything since then. We even found out about this transfer during one of our InfoPass appointments only and there was no LUD. She had appeared for her I-485 interview prior to this transfer, which was very smooth and IO had even told my wife that her case will be approved after receiving her A-File from another office.

Last edited by a moderator:
now cases transfer to asylum office are likes FBI check, the other excuse by uscis for the case which they had some ducument unclear..only one thing i think is contact asylum office, letter. phone call ,....after sent letter about month, try call them and ask for someone who managing the office~~

personal opinion...

Hello Guys,
Please I need your help. Here is my question: what would happen if I get deny for political asylum and then I decide to visit my country someday while my status in the US is still valid. I am an F-1 student doing a PhD. Because of recent events in my country, I was thinking about applying for an asylum because I really do want to take a break from school and work for a while.
Thanks.

Well

I can feel your frustation about your case situations. Well, when my case was being transferred to SF Asylum Office, I asked the Immigration Office here in Seattle and I also asked their hotline and their answer were quite similar. The intention of spreading out the cases by territory was to share the burden that Nebraska had to bear by receiving tons of applications at the same time. They feel and they know that they have to work faster but they are being lack of professionals right now. The only thing they can do is to send some of the applications to the regional offices. The intention is good but reality is those offices has to deal with new applications everyday. I think when they told me that my case was lost, in fact it was just being misplaced somewhere.

As I told before it took me several visits to my local office (I am in Seattle) and several emails to nsclawsuit.asylum@dhs.gov that made it work.

Here what I can suggest for you:

- Be patient, with all the push from government and human right organizations they are really trying to improve the system. They have no excuse now as the price has been increased. They are seriously training lots of officers to handdle million cases.

- Be persistent, but I don't mean to be pushy and irritating. They are also human who have to deal with frustated 'applicant' every minutes of their 8 or 9 working hours everyday. Whenever I went or called I never put any high expectation that my case will be handdle overnight. What I expected at least was they would be kept noticed that I really needed their assistance.

- Be persuasive, whenever I talked with them I never used high tone. Be calm or try to :). Please don't act like you are entitled to be served like returning bad stuff to MACYS. I always started everything (my call or my emails) with words of sympathy of their situation but then I would tell them how hopeless my current situation was.

That's all I can say now. I can not help you more since every case has different treatment and situation. However I wish all best luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terdamper, Thanks for your response.

Were you a dependent of an asylee or you were an asylee by urself.