Finally received, Approve Notice for kid

reason

Registered Users (C)
Approve Notice for kid was finally received

Yesterday, we received a ‘real’ Approve Notice for my daughter. As you know usually we would receive a ‘Welcome Letter’ instead of ‘Approve Notice’. In this case my daughter does not have photo and fingerprint with CIS. So we got the following letter,

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

I was told that we can submit directly her photo to the CIS instead of waiting for the appointment. But she will be 14 years old in couple of months and after that she will be required to give fingerprint.

My question is if she gives the fingerprint now, does she need another fingerprint after she turns 14? Anybody in the same conditions? Please advice.

Best regards to everyone

Thanks

Congrats .. Now your "GC" family is complete.

Thanks zinchak. Best wishes to you too.
By the way, you are almost there. Usually people get approval after 2.5 -- 3 months after NC. In my case I got a REF after 4 months of NC clearance, because my NC was cleared the same time the case transfered to TSC, when the trafic was really bad.

FP requred for Kids less than 14 yrs of age

My daughter is 10 and she has got an appointment letter for finger prints
next week

i dont think it applies to kids above 14

i think the photo was a part of the application itself.

we got the same letter as yours and after a week got another letter with appointment details so we'll go and give the finger prints

Approve Notice for kid was finally received

Yesterday, we received a ‘real’ Approve Notice for my daughter. As you know usually we would receive a ‘Welcome Letter’ instead of ‘Approve Notice’. In this case my daughter does not have photo and fingerprint with CIS. So we got the following letter,

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

I was told that we can submit directly her photo to the CIS instead of waiting for the appointment. But she will be 14 years old in couple of months and after that she will be required to give fingerprint.

My question is if she gives the fingerprint now, does she need another fingerprint after she turns 14? Anybody in the same conditions? Please advice.

Best regards to everyone

I haven't rec'd approval notice to my kids yet, my wife got GC. I have 14, 11 and 7 years old, all approved online!! will see

Is it true that any green card obtained before 14th birthday has to be renewed after 14th birthday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks akayal1973 and MDGUTS1307

Thanks akayal1973 and MDGUTS1307 and many others

It is very kind of you guys still being around here helping others, even after you got approvals.