Finally it's my turn.... I-485 approved

vm_gc

Registered Users (C)
On 11/08/06 received those magic emails on I-485 approval for both myself and spouse.

Thanks a lot to many folks in this forum (particularly who were in the same boat as mine for getting corrections on I-140 approval PD mistakes). I am very much indebted to many of you and i wish you all good luck for the folks pending I-485 approval.

I have not seen any LUDs yesterday on our I-485 cases, but just stright this message this morning.

++++++++
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC************************

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 7, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

And you feel happy ? By taking our place in the line, buying a sub labor and using it to jump ahead of us who are waiting for many many years in the queu e? Dont you have even a morsel of remorse strutting your approval here where we are many many more times deserving of exactly that approval ?

In your darkest night, remember our plight. First be sympathetic, because thats what means to be a human, before anything else.

Best,

vm_gc said:
On 11/08/06 received those magic emails on I-485 approval for both myself and spouse.

Thanks a lot to many folks in this forum (particularly who were in the same boat as mine for getting corrections on I-140 approval PD mistakes). I am very much indebted to many of you and i wish you all good luck for the folks pending I-485 approval.

I have not seen any LUDs yesterday on our I-485 cases, but just stright this message this morning.

++++++++
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC************************

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 7, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

qwerty1111 said:
And you feel happy ? By taking our place in the line, buying a sub labor and using it to jump ahead of us who are waiting for many many years in the queu e? Dont you have even a morsel of remorse strutting your approval here where we are many many more times deserving of exactly that approval ?

In your darkest night, remember our plight. First be sympathetic, because thats what means to be a human, before anything else.

Best,

Hi qwerty1111,

I completely understand where your comment is coming from and respect your comments. But to be fair, i think it's just not appropriate making such comment without completely knowing my situvation.

I came to this country in 2000 and start working for my current employer, one of the reputed big technology company, in 2000. As the dot com bust started in late 2000, my company stopped applying green cards for employees as per law (since they were not in a position to show not availability of people with my skills and at the same time they started laying off people). But i still chose to stay with my current employer due to the kind of work we do and learning opportunities in my job. Finally my employer applied my GC in 2005 that to non-RIR category (not even RIR category as they still had some issues in applying RIR) as my 6year term was coming near. And this labor is still rotting in the backlog center and i don't know when it will be cleared (and i have already completed my 6year h1b term).

And in sept 2005, my employer gave me a sub labor, as the labor matched my skills and based on my superior performance (since there were many people similiar to my situvation in my company). This sub labor, i neither bought with money nor with some recommendations. It's completely earned by working hard.

And the same time, while i was waiting for my labor to be applied, many of friends and people i know of, who came to this country at much later time, went to work for small consultancy companies, applied GC and got GC long time back. How ?. because the small companies don't even follow the laws, can apply GCs in RIR (by showing some junk proofs) and they will open a satelite offices in places like maine, wisconsin (just for their employees GCs) and get the labor approved at a faster rate. While we working at big companies wait for labor to be applied by following strict laws.

You tell me what is fair in this country, when it comes to immigration process.

Your situvation could be much worse than me, but that's mainly due to the broken immigration process in country.

I am not taking any offense on your comments. I wish you good luck and i hope your GC will come through soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello VM_GC

vm_gc said:
Hi qwerty1111,

I completely understand where your comment is coming from and respect your comments. But to be fair, i think it's just not appropriate making such comment without completely knowing my situvation.

I came to this country in 2000 and start working for my current employer, one of the reputed big technology company, in 2000. As the dot com bust started in late 2000, my company stopped applying green cards for employees as per law (since they were not in a position to show not availability of people with my skills and at the same time they started laying off people). But i still chose to stay with my current employer due to the kind of work we do and learning opportunities in my job. Finally my employer applied my GC in 2005 that to non-RIR category (not even RIR category as they still had some issues in applying RIR) as my 6year term was coming near. And this labor is still rotting in the backlog center and i don't know when it will be cleared (and i have already completed my 6year h1b term).

And in sept 2005, my employer gave me a sub labor, as the labor matched my skills and based on my superior performance (since there were many people similiar to my situvation in my company). This sub labor, i neither bought with money nor with some recommendations. It's completely earned by working hard.

And the same time, while i was waiting for my labor to be applied, many of friends and people i know of, who came to this country at much later time, went to work for small consultancy companies, applied GC and got GC long time back. How ?. because the small companies don't even follow the laws, can apply GCs in RIR (by showing some junk proofs) and they will open a satelite offices in places like maine, wisconsin (just for their employees GCs) and get the labor approved at a faster rate. While we working at big companies wait for labor to be applied by following strict laws.

You tell me what is fair in this country, when it comes to immigration process.

Your situvation could be much worse than me, but that's mainly due to the broken immigration process in country.

I am not taking any offense on your comments. I wish you good luck and i hope your GC will come through soon.

Hello VM,
Let me first congratulate you on your well deserved GC approval......As you pointed out, the immigration system is overhauled by all these consulting companies going out of ways for monetary benefits and broken immigration system...
thanks,
Sri_know

Received I-485 approval notice and Permanent Resident Card on 11/13/2006 for myself and spouse.

VM,

First of all Congratulations...

I got approved last Nov. 9 and my Latest LUD was Nov. 10 saying they mailed the notice of approval to me. Tommorow will be the 7th day and my LUD hasn't change yet to when the card is ready and they will mail it to me.

Did you had a third LUD before you got your card and notice in the mail?

cfmohmpsi