Finally, got approved at Orlando DO!

fanta1

Registered Users (C)
Yes!!!! Finally!!! After 2 years and 3 months my Green Card got approved. On March 16th I had my first interview at the Orlando DO. The officer was very, very nice but couldn’t approve my I-485. The original I-130 (approved in 1998) was missing. He told me that I have to wait 120 days before I get a new interview appointment. That is USCIS policy to wait when they can’t recover a missing file. :eek: I was devastated. 2 days later I send my officer a nice letter and attached a copy of my old I-130 petition with all supporting documents. I even attached old passport pictures from 1998. Luckily I kept copies. I also attached the original approval notice of the I-130. 6 days later. The officer called my husband on his cell phone and told him that he has a new interview appointment for the next day. Which was last Tuesday at 1pm. I was so excited!!! He swore me in asked a couple of questions and gave me the I-551 stamp. No further questions asked. Finally I found a human being working for the USCIS. I can’t explain how nice the officer was. So waiting is over and I am so haaaaappppppy. :D :D :D

Now I have two questions:

1. To be safe, I applied for a new AP and new EAD. I haven’t received the NOA as of today. Should I still go and get my fingerprints taken? Or can I ignore everything? :confused:

2. My online status says: The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
LUD changed 03/28, 03/29, 03/20. No e-mail nothing. :confused:

Your help is greatly appreciated!! Good luck to everybody!! Thank's to everybody for helping me and keeping my spirits up! :)

DO Orlando
NOA 01/04/2004
First interview 03/16/2006
Second Interview 03/28/2006. Approved!

Congratulations, Fanta! I am so happy for you and glad that INS resolved your case in less then a month. :)

For your questions:
1. Since you don’t need AP and EAD anymore I would just ignore FP.
2. Usually, when on-line status disappears it means in 2-3 days you’ll get your approval e-mail. ;)

Congratulations again on your new PR status!!!

Today I received my Welcome Letter by mail. My online staus changed also and it says that they mailed my Green Card. WOW....that was fast. :) :) :)