finally (gasp!) card ordered

lamborghini

Registered Users (C)
On December 02, 2002, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes between 365 and 540 days. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Hi all,

I had disappeared for a short while there, I know. Went to india for diwali (on a stamped passport - had no problems anywhere; either in India or getting back in the US).

Checked today to see that card has been ordered. Hopefully the ordeal will be over by year end.

All my friends, hang in there. It is tough i know. My hopes and prayers are with you all

cheers

After how long does the status change?

We had our passport stamping on 11/13/02..The online status still says the old message - Your case has been Approved.........

How long after the stamping do we get the status changed online? How long after stamping do we get the card, in general (I know they say 6 months during stamping but it has to be sooner)?

please respond..
Thanks.
:eek:

following is my detail. if this helps to answer your question

PP Stamped : Oct 23
Online Status changed : Nov 23 (saying Nov 21 card were ordered)
Card RCVD: Dec 2

What did they do on your stamped passport when you departing/entering the country?
Thanks.

My passport was stamped Oct 25th at Boston.

What did they do to my passport at the various points-

leaving USA - nothing (they did scan a visa though to get info on my name and passport number and such, but that was any visa as Visas have a machine readable section at the bottom. Our indian passports cannot be read by machines)

entering India - stamped the date of entry (same as before, nothing different)

leaving india - stamped the date of departure - the usual, nothing special. The guy did flip through the passport and saw a whole bunch of visas and the GC stamp, but said nothing.

entering USA - walked throught the US citizens/Perm res line. The guy looked at my stamp asked about the card, I said I hadn't received it yet. So worte out on a sheet of some paper and asked me to go for secondary inspection (I read something about how the first counter cannot process using just the A#, so i expected a secondary inspection). I waited for a few mintues at a special holding area, guess the secondary inspector checked the A#..? anyways he called me 5 minutes later and stamped my passport with the date of entry (which i wasn't expecting) and said, "have a nice day."

so that's it. hope this helps