Finally Approved!!! :)))

bjorn said:
Whyallthis

Code 1 = 10 finger fingerprints, Code 2 = biometrics (index finger fingerprint, signature, and photo), Code 3 = Code 1 + Code 2 at the same time. Once your FBI name check and fingerprints are cleared, the I-485 approval rate for current EB-2 cases is 2-4 months based on recent approvals of participants of this forum, including myself.

Bjorn,
the more I read about your case the more exceptional it sounds. You started to bug the senators right away, you are in state, which is rural and full of friendly people. You work in public sector of national interest. And finally you are from Sweden. I think cases like yours would get approved in 2-4 month. But for all other cases it is more like 6-10 months ( with fast FBI name check).

Last edited by a moderator:
Whyallthis said:
I really appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks a lot.

Today I visitied USCIS website. They show processing time [/B] for I 485

District Office : Which is one and half year behind from today.

Texas Service center: Which is just 6 months behind todays date.

Now guys help me out and tell me how this affects my case

As per my knowledge our I 485 goes to Federal office so in my case Texas Service center. But when does it comes to District Office? Or it does not have to come to District office? What does district office plays role in this whole approval thing?
and if I consider that it goes to both offices then, is it fixed that it will deffineitely will take more than 2 years time (One and Half for District + 6 months for TSC).
Hey gues please reply, its very important for me.
Thanks to your replies in advance.

WhyAllThis ,
You should prepare for long wait. Don't worry about district office for now, the cases transfered there for Interviews... Your main concern should be FBI name check ...And FBI name check is something that only magic or letters to senators can help.
Just my two cents...

merovingian

I agree. Depending on your case particulars and the state and Senator help you get, it makes a huge difference. I did read that this other guy on this forum who actually filed his case the same time I filed my and he was actually approved in mid-November. Talk about speedy processing. I don't know his country, but he had no Senator help. What I am encourage about, though, it that PERM has dramatically sped up the LC process, and the USICS is actually processing cases much faster now than in the past. Once they have figured out how to deal with retrogression, people should be able to get their PERM and I-485 approvals within 6 months as a rule (assuming name check and FPs clear). A few years back, LC and I-485 were a combined 3-5 year venture.

Yes, I received the card in the mail 3-4 days after the approval. I believe that was on January 3.

Mr. Green said:
My wife's FP notice was also late like yours. I called NSC and I was told that there is nothing to do except wait. On the same day my wife had an LUD and her fingerprint notice was issued the next day. I can't say for sure that my phone call is what made the difference, but why don't you try to call anyway.

Mr. Green,

I have finally received my biometrics appointment (principal applicant) after long wait, but spouse did not receive any. What number did you call? Is there a number for Seattle? We want to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

I485 approved

I have received I 485 approval e mail on january 9th, 2006. it says that approval notice has been mailed to me on 01/09/2006 and to call them if I do not receive it in 14 days. however at some recent approvals they mention that green card has been sent to address. Am i going to receive green card in the mail or is it going to be approval notice?

EB3 (world wide category) Vsc
05/2000 I gave my doc. s to my lawyer
PD:03/26/2001
I485 RD:11/2001
I485 ND:12/2001
4 EAD's, 5 FP's so far (1 FP I was called by mistake)
I485 Notice of Approval 01/09/2006 :D
I wish you get your approvals sooner than expected.

Seattle office sucks on this. They do not allow any walkins (tried it twice).

If you want - you can try going to Yakima ASC (140 miles from Seattle). They might do walkin FP.

My personal opinion - if your PD is retrogressed and wont be becoming current soon, it's not worth wasting time in going to Seattle office for walkin or Yakima. You will get the notice sooner or later.

bbli said:
Mr. Green,

I have finally received my biometrics appointment (principal applicant) after long wait, but spouse did not receive any. What number did you call? Is there a number for Seattle? We want to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

WhyThisDelay said:
If you want - you can try going to Yakima ASC (140 miles from Seattle). They might do walkin FP.

My personal opinion - if your PD is retrogressed and wont be becoming current soon, it's not worth wasting time in going to Seattle office for walkin or Yakima.

My PD is current, May/2000, Worldwide. I had my Bio code 3 appointment, am afraid spouse will have to wait much longer. We filed I-485 together, I saw that most people get their FP/Bio the same day with spouse. Was hoping a phone call might help to get FP/Bio appointment.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

Another thing which may not hurt to do is try walkin in Seattle ASC on thursday before 12:00pm.

The reason i'm saying this is becasue on thursday before 12:00 i saw a female sitting there (this was my actual fp day). Other days when I tried walkin, there was a male and he was pretty indifferent and refused walkin fp for us. Both the times i had tried after 12:00 pm.

Of course there are no gaurantees, that the lady officer would let you in too
:D
bbli said:
My PD is current, May/2000, Worldwide. I had my Bio code 3 appointment, am afraid spouse will have to wait much longer. We filed I-485 together, I saw that most people get their FP/Bio the same day with spouse. Was hoping a phone call might help to get FP/Bio appointment.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

bjorn said:
Yes, I received the card in the mail 3-4 days after the approval. I believe that was on January 3.
Bjorn,
I understood from my congressman that my name check has been completed and the FBI has forwarded the results to the USCIS headquarters in Washington DC. Can you please figure out what should be the timeline for me to get the approval notice / Green card in the mail?
(My AOS application is family based and I have already been fingerprinted and interviewed at the District office of USCIS. The case was on hold for the FBI name check clearance).

sincemay2000 said:
I have received I 485 approval e mail on january 9th, 2006. it says that approval notice has been mailed to me on 01/09/2006 and to call them if I do not receive it in 14 days. however at some recent approvals they mention that green card has been sent to address. Am i going to receive green card in the mail or is it going to be approval notice?

EB3 (world wide category) Vsc
05/2000 I gave my doc. s to my lawyer
PD:03/26/2001
I485 RD:11/2001
I485 ND:12/2001
4 EAD's, 5 FP's so far (1 FP I was called by mistake)
I485 Notice of Approval 01/09/2006 :D
I wish you get your approvals sooner than expected.
ANY INTERVIEW , MY FRIEND? OR ANY TRANSFERS TO/FROM VSC? I AM EB-3 PD:26APR01, WORLDWIDE

help

bjorn said:
I introduced myself: my name, what I do for a living, my family, where I live, how long I have been living in the US. In short, I tried to make a personal connection and that I am a real human being in need of th Senator's help. Then I outlined my great frustration with the current immigration system and the problem of retrogression and how it affects lots of people, including me if retrogression hit my category prior to my approval. Then I simply asked for help and if the the US Senator's office could assist me in any way. I have no sample letter, but I just tried to personalize the letter and show my frustration with being an aspiring immigrant, and finally plea for action I would hope they can take on my behalf such as check with the USCIS on my behalf as they can get much more information than I ever could.

bjorn,

Would you be willing to kindly review a letter that i wrote to US senator? I'd really value your opinion. If so, please send me an email to dvshin@yhoo.com and I will reply with a letter.

Thanks!
dvshin

bjorn said:
merovingian

I agree. Depending on your case particulars and the state and Senator help you get, it makes a huge difference. I did read that this other guy on this forum who actually filed his case the same time I filed my and he was actually approved in mid-November. Talk about speedy processing. I don't know his country, but he had no Senator help. What I am encourage about, though, it that PERM has dramatically sped up the LC process, and the USICS is actually processing cases much faster now than in the past. Once they have figured out how to deal with retrogression, people should be able to get their PERM and I-485 approvals within 6 months as a rule (assuming name check and FPs clear). A few years back, LC and I-485 were a combined 3-5 year venture.

That guy would be my humble self... :D :D :D :D

Happy New Year, Bjorn!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Green: Eid Mubarak!!!!

bjorn said:
I finally received an I-485 approval as a case status update. Free at last!!! Spouse still not approved, but I expect that to happen very very soon, too.

First congratulations...

I am filing for the labor certificate next week and wanted to ask you a few questions...

I'm not sure which category I fall for in terms of EB1-3. I do have a bachelor's degree from the Univ of Chicago and the job calls for min. bachelors degree and the job is very specific for neurology (which I specialized in college).

In any case, how long does it generally take for the I140 to be approved? Does the PD matter for this process also?

Then if the priority date is current for the I485, how long does this one take?
If the priority date is not current, how long does it typically take for it to become current? I am from S.Korea....

Also, after I485 is filed, 180 days later, can you quit working and attend school? Or switch firms? My attorney told me that I could go to medical school, but I'm not sure after reading all the messages...

My ultimate and main goal is to go to medical school, which apparently is impossible to get in without the green card. In the risk of having to wait for about 2 yrs, I have not given up my dream... No matter how long it takes, I will go to medical school, the question is how long?

Any help/info will be so much appreciated...