Filling out the N-400: Part 2 & PD Notification Timeline?

roark007@yahoo.

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

This website is pretty useful - thanks to all of you for posting a lot of good stuff. I have a couple of questions that I have not been able to find answers to:

* Do we get a notification with priority date once N-400 has been received?
* If yes, how long (in days) does it take to get this notification letter?
* How long does it take to get the FP notification?
* Quite a few in this group are getting the FP notification in 1 or 2 months. Is this the norm?
1. Lawful permanent resident >= 5 years
2. Lawful permanent resident >= 3 years + married to citizen
3. Qualifying military service
4. Other

* Options 2 & 3 do not apply to me
* I checked option 1 - although I have not completed my 5 years - is this OK?
* Or should I have checked option 4 and explained the 4y9m eligibility?
* If option 1 is not correct, will my application be rejected?

Here is my info:
Center: Texas Service Center
City: Dallas
N-400 sent date: 5/26/2005
Received date (from priority mail website): 5/27/2005
PD: ???
FP: ???

Thanks! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
roark007@yahoo. said:
Guys:

* Do we get a notification with priority date once N-400 has been received?
Yes

roark007@yahoo. said:
* If yes, how long (in days) does it take to get this notification letter?
Usually in 2-3 weeks after they received your application form

roark007@yahoo. said:
* How long does it take to get the FP notification?
Depending on the wait time in your SC.

roark007@yahoo. said:
* Quite a few in this group are getting the FP notification in 1 or 2 months. Is this the norm?
it is normal. some would be waiting for few months (4+) for a FP notice.

roark007@yahoo. said:
* Options 2 & 3 do not apply to me
* I checked option 1 - although I have not completed my 5 years - is this OK?
Yes

roark007@yahoo. said:
* If option 1 is not correct, will my application be rejected?

Let's say IF it were not correct, your application would be denied at the interview. Prior to the interview, they would not review your application.

you might want to check out the Dallas Timeline to see what the avg process is in that location.

Thanks OCworker! As you had indicated, I got the PD notification y'day 12 days from the date I mailed the N-400.

Anybody else who filed their N-400 prior to 5 years completion checked option 1 of the Part 2 question? Please let me know.

Thanks.

roark007@yahoo. said:
Thanks OCworker! As you had indicated, I got the PD notification y'day 12 days from the date I mailed the N-400.

Anybody else who filed their N-400 prior to 5 years completion checked option 1 of the Part 2 question? Please let me know.

Thanks.

i applied it on my 4 yrs 11 months and i checked the option 1. Lawful permanent resident >= 5 years.

Guys:
PD Notification indicated missing evidence and that a separate notice will list the evidence needed to be brought fr the interview. Has anybody received such a list of evidence? Can you please post it?
Thanks!

roark007@yahoo. said:
Guys:
PD Notification indicated missing evidence and that a separate notice will list the evidence needed to be brought fr the interview. Has anybody received such a list of evidence? Can you please post it?
Thanks!

i believe there has another post regarding "missing evidence". mostly it is because of the traffic ticket. may be you could search with the above key words and see if anything comes up.

OCW:

I checked and you are right. It seems like this is due to the traffic ticket. I was given a citation for speeding. I went to court and had it revoked - with a fine of USD100.00. I also got a report from Texas Dept of Motor Vehicles - nothing shows up there.

I also have the Selective Service letter from SSS.gov indicating that I am good to go. Guess I will have to wait it out to see what the "missing evidence" is!

Thanks!

roark007@yahoo. said:
OCW:

I checked and you are right. It seems like this is due to the traffic ticket. I was given a citation for speeding. I went to court and had it revoked - with a fine of USD100.00. I also got a report from Texas Dept of Motor Vehicles - nothing shows up there.

I also have the Selective Service letter from SSS.gov indicating that I am good to go. Guess I will have to wait it out to see what the "missing evidence" is!

Thanks!

did you report the traffic ticket on your n400? i did not disclose the info on my n400, however i am going to disclose the ticket information during my interview. wish you luck, and wish myself luck too.

roark007@yahoo. said:
Yep. I reported it after much deliberation!

Will update once I know more of the missing information.

yep. that is it. it is because of the traffic ticket. since you have already got the DMV record and also, the proof for the payment, you just need to bring it with you. you are all set.

roark007@yahoo. said:
OCW:

Thanks!
That's quite a surprise. In my interview the officer told me that USCIS does not care about traffic violations. Also, when he asked me to for my selective service number and I explained why I did not have one he did not pursue the question any further.

parekh said:
That's quite a surprise. In my interview the officer told me that USCIS does not care about traffic violations. Also, when he asked me to for my selective service number and I explained why I did not have one he did not pursue the question any further.

Parekh: Your experience is probably the norm. I was wondering about the traffic violations when filling in the N-400 - and was not sure if I should input it....rather than chance it, I went ahead and listed it knowing well that this should not impact my application.

It is quite possible that when reviewing the application, they may send the "missing evidence" as a standard letter if there is a "yes" in one of those questions - it is also possible that I may not get the "letter" for the evidence. Will post once I hear more.

Hope your interview went well! Good luck.

roark007@yahoo. said:
Parekh: Your experience is probably the norm. I was wondering about the traffic violations when filling in the N-400 - and was not sure if I should input it....rather than chance it, I went ahead and listed it knowing well that this should not impact my application.

It is quite possible that when reviewing the application, they may send the "missing evidence" as a standard letter if there is a "yes" in one of those questions - it is also possible that I may not get the "letter" for the evidence. Will post once I hear more.

Hope your interview went well! Good luck.

you should not be worrying about the tickets which you listed on n400. actually, you did the right thing and you should do that anyway.

however, you cuold be in even bigger trouble of not listing the tickets, and not disclose them during the interview. but you did the right thing.

i would not worry abnout if some officers said that it is not necessary to list traffic tickets on the n400 form. also, would you think the officer would admit to the others about he suggested / mentioned traffic tickets are not necessary to be listed? i do not think so.

Roak700 is correct, my gusee is too that if the service Center see a "Yes" in any of those items and will put the applications to different category and the processing will take longer time. You will also receive the notice with words like "Missing Evidence, etc...". In summary, my feeling is that to disclose traffic ticket will not deny your applications but will delay your applications. The best stratagy might be : do not disclose in N400 (get normal processing speed) and then disclose it when interview with explananation like: "I am not sure if I should report tarffic ticket when I filed N400..."

Anyway, good things take time and wish all the best to all this board. Be Patient.

aimei_mei said:
Roak700 is correct, my gusee is too that if the service Center see a "Yes" in any of those items and will put the applications to different category and the processing will take longer time. You will also receive the notice with words like "Missing Evidence, etc...". In summary, my feeling is that to disclose traffic ticket will not deny your applications but will delay your applications. The best stratagy might be : do not disclose in N400 (get normal processing speed) and then disclose it when interview with explananation like: "I am not sure if I should report tarffic ticket when I filed N400..."

Anyway, good things take time and wish all the best to all this board. Be Patient.

why would you say disclosing traffic tickets would delay the application? application is not going to be reviewed few days (or not even prior) prior the interview. also, applicant does not need to send additional evidences to CSC; he/she just needs to bring with them to the interview.

suggesting not to disclose the traffc tickets on n400 intentionally but disclosing them during interview does not sound like a good idea. YMMV.

This is just my feeling and guess (no statsitc eveidence) and my thought for your references. Sorry to all for confusion.
BTW, YMMV stands for?

2 questions:

* Do we have to do the fingerprint to get the interview call? Or will the interview letter be sent prior to the fingerprint being done?

* Any idea what the norm (how long) is get the interview date from the time fingerprint is done?

roark007@yahoo. said:
2 questions:

* Do we have to do the fingerprint to get the interview call? Or will the interview letter be sent prior to the fingerprint being done?

you will have to take the fingerprint prior they will send you the interview notice. if you miss your fingerprint appointment, and also, if you do not reschedule your fingerprint, i *believe* your n400 will be denied automatically. However, i am not too sure. check the FP notice

* Any idea what the norm (how long) is get the interview date from the time fingerprint is done?

it really depends on your DO. it can be between 2 months to 10 months. really do not have any idea how long it will take to get the interview notice.

just checked out your first post. you are from Dallas DO. check out the timeline from the Dallas post.. i think Dallas' procesing time line is pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
aimei_mei said:
This is just my feeling and guess (no statsitc eveidence) and my thought for your references. Sorry to all for confusion.
BTW, YMMV stands for?

YMMV stands for "Your mileage may vary."