filling AOS

bibimeu

Registered Users (C)
I'm getting ready to file AOS for my wife .We already have a approved I130 since 2005 but I was just a green card holder ;now I'm a citizen so we are going to send a copy of approved I 130 with the rest of documents nedded to aos.Do we have to include a cover letter to upgrade the petition from F2A to IR or that is only necessary if the petition hadn't been approved yet?I'm a bit confused.

Yes, send a copy of your naturalization certificate or US passport photocopy along with receipt of I-130. They will automatically upgrade the category for you. Obviously you need to send in all the I-485 package as well. Good Luck!!!

Well, technically you don't need to, as it is automatically converted once the petitioner is naturalized. However, it doesn't hurt to include a coverletter. It makes it little bit easier & faster for the officer to understand you case.

I can say this for surety that if a lawyer was handling your case, he/she would DEFINITELY include a coverletter. So, the onus is on you to include/NOT include a coverletter.

Well ,I guess it won't hurt to include a cover letter.Better to be on the safe side.Thanks a lot greencard2007.