Filing Naturalization on my own

jb90304

Registered Users (C)
I just read through the "pinned" post about the documents needed. I feel like I'm sufficiently prepared in terms of providing evidence of residency, marriage, etc, etc... My question is regarding filling out the actual forms. I have been going through the N-400 and it seems pretty straightforward if I read the instruction carefully enough. Are there any other documents which needs to be filled out and signed by me (or my spouse)?

How did you get your tax returns and w2 for the last 5 years? It appears that I don't have any!

I don't have all 5 years since I was considered undocumented before obtaining my GC. I only started working ever since, so only have last 3 years of my Income Tax Return - you should just submit what you have.

Follow the instructions and you should be fine. I did both mine and my wife's (ongoing). Now, if you have anything that could be a problem it's better to get a lawyer.

I basically need to know if there are any other forms that needs to be SIGNED besides obviously the N-400.

N-400 is the only thing for you to sign at this point. It's not like the green card process where you have to fill out and sign multiple forms.

N-400 is the only thing for you to sign at this point. It's not like the green card process where you have to fill out and sign multiple forms.

Ok, I was just lost because I filled out the whole N-400 but didn't see anywhere that my USC spouse needs to sign. It looks like only the "applicant" (me) needs to sign. Am I missing anything?

Even if you are applying based on 3 years of marriage to a USC, the USC spouse doesn't sign any forms. For the 3-year rule you'll have to bring or submit evidence of ongoing marital union, which may happen to include supporting documents signed by your spouse (e.g. apartment lease), but there is no specific form for your USC spouse to sign.

The N-400 application and requirements are simpler than those for most visas and passports. I guess our country (US) finally gives us a break when they are about to welcome us