Filing N-400

vega1x1

Registered Users (C)
I am ready to send in my N-400 application based on 3 year marriage to a US citizen and 3 years of GC. I am sending in the following stuff. Please review and suggest if I need to send in more or less. If I am missing something or any other comments that you may have. Thank you.

• Form N-400
• $ 675.00 Check
• Photographs (2 Passport Size)

Applicant ID Copies
• Permanent Resident Card copy
• Social Security card copy
• Driver License copy
• Passport copy
• Selective Service Registration Card copy
• Certificate of Marriage Registration copy

Spouse ID Copies
• Spouse’s Social Security Card copy
• Spouse’s Passport copy
• Spouse’s Birth Certificate
• Spouse’s Driver’s license copy

Taxes
• Income Tax returns Federal and State (years 2004 through 2007)

Banking
• Bank Account history from August 2004 to present (all months)

Leases
• Letter from rental office for apartment confirming residence since 2004 to present.
• Apartment lease history from July 2004 to present.

Utility Bill Copies
• Cable account history. Includes one statement from each year 2004 to 2008.
• Home phone & internet bills. Includes one statement from each year 2004 to 2008.
• Cellular phone statements. Includes one statement from each year 2006 to 2008. (we had separate accounts before 06)

Insurance
• Vehicle Registrations
• Auto and Home owners insurance from June 2004 to June 2009
• Health insurance card copy

The goal in selecting the documents was to send enough but not too much. I will take everything humanly possible to the interview however. I will be sending this package to vermont as my local DO is Hartford.

You only have to send what is requested in the N-400 instructions (pictures, copy of GC, etc.). Don't bother sending tax returns, selective service registration and/or anything else from your list. Just bring those documents to the interview and you'll be fine.

Oh, and you will NEVER be asked to provide proof of vehicle/homeowner/health/life insurance. It's irrelevant to the N-400.

I am ready to send in my N-400 application based on 3 year marriage to a US citizen and 3 years of GC. I am sending in the following stuff. Please review and suggest if I need to send in more or less. If I am missing something or any other comments that you may have. Thank you.

• Form N-400
• $ 675.00 Check
• Photographs (2 Passport Size)

Applicant ID Copies
• Permanent Resident Card copy
• Social Security card copy
• Driver License copy
• Passport copy
• Selective Service Registration Card copy
• Certificate of Marriage Registration copy

Spouse ID Copies
• Spouse’s Social Security Card copy
• Spouse’s Passport copy
• Spouse’s Birth Certificate
• Spouse’s Driver’s license copy

Taxes
• Income Tax returns Federal and State (years 2004 through 2007)

Banking
• Bank Account history from August 2004 to present (all months)

Leases
• Letter from rental office for apartment confirming residence since 2004 to present.
• Apartment lease history from July 2004 to present.

Utility Bill Copies
• Cable account history. Includes one statement from each year 2004 to 2008.
• Home phone & internet bills. Includes one statement from each year 2004 to 2008.
• Cellular phone statements. Includes one statement from each year 2006 to 2008. (we had separate accounts before 06)

Insurance
• Vehicle Registrations
• Auto and Home owners insurance from June 2004 to June 2009
• Health insurance card copy

The goal in selecting the documents was to send enough but not too much. I will take everything humanly possible to the interview however. I will be sending this package to vermont as my local DO is Hartford.

If I were you, I would follow the instructions what documents I would send to the service center (not all documents you mentioned to send), but your way to send all documents is fine. I hope the mailing clerk at the service center doesn't misplace documents when they keep them in cabinet or transport them to local district office.

Then fingerprint notice will be mailed to you. As well, interview letter will be mailed to you. An interview letter will instruct you what to bring to the interivew - please note that sometimes IO asks for something that is not on the list - such as tax papers or transcripts, driving records if citiations are given, immigration documents, court paperwork if you have arrest warrants in the history, etc.

thanks guys. So I gather from your responses that I am sending too much..?

The reason for sending the supporting documents is because in the instrcutions form M-476 the following is what they say if you are filling based on 3 yr marraige

1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years:
• Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth), or
• Naturalization certificate, or
• Certificate of Citizenship, or
• The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport, or
• Form FS-240, “Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America,” and
2. Your current marriage certificate; and
3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse-divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s); and
4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:
• Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children, or
• Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past three years, or
• An IRS tax return transcript for the last three years.

So thats why I thought whats the worse that can happen..? They will discard it .. ? Better be safe then to be sorry..

Anybody else that can see anything that I may have forgotten in the above list..?

You'll always have a chance to show the supporting documents at interview as well, and the IL will remind you to bring the supporting documents as well.

thanks for the answers. quick question. I am sending the documents with

Attention: N-400 Application

before the address? Is that OK or is there something else I should write to show what kind of application it is. Is there any official way for doing this?

thanks for the answers. quick question. I am sending the documents with

Attention: N-400 Application

before the address? Is that OK or is there something else I should write to show what kind of application it is. Is there any official way for doing this?

No need to put "Att: N-400 application" since the USCIS PO Box address is only used for N-400 applications. Just use the address in the guide.