Filing I-130 for Wife - SFO, California

rjo1

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I am in my 4th year of PR. In October 2006, I will be able to apply for Citizenship. My wife is on H1B.

I would like to apply for her I-130 in San Francicso (currently processing I-130 for Jan 2005). Our aim is that by the time I get citizenship we shall have the I-130 adjudicated.

Questions:
1). Will filing here be a better option or going to India and doing Direct Consular Filing - DCF be faster. We can be in India for 90 days or whatever it takes.

2). In the I-130 Question 22, should I put Adjustment of Status in SFO, California or can we put ..will apply for visa abroad at New Delhi, India. Can we put both??

3). In the G-325 A (Biographic Info), it asks last 5 years employment. I have been self-employed (with no-paycheck) for 2003 and 2004. Since 2005, I am employed Full-Time again. I am not sure what to put for 2003 and 2004. I am also concerned for this info to be accurate as I have to give it again when I apply for citizenship.

Thank you all.

Any experts can address these questions? I am mostly concerened about question (3).

Thank you.

rjo1 said:
Hi!

I am in my 4th year of PR. In October 2006, I will be able to apply for Citizenship. My wife is on H1B.

I would like to apply for her I-130 in San Francicso (currently processing I-130 for Jan 2005). Our aim is that by the time I get citizenship we shall have the I-130 adjudicated.

Getting I-130 approved doens't mean anything. Since you are applying based on your GC, the visa number won't come for a long time. Maybe better to apply after you get the citizenship or apply now and later change from spouse of GC hoolder to spouse of US citizen. Check the forum, there are enough discussions about it.

Questions:
1). Will filing here be a better option or going to India and doing Direct Consular Filing - DCF be faster. We can be in India for 90 days or whatever it takes.

Since your wife is already in US, you have to file in US (from what I know). DCF is only when your spouse is in his/her home country.

2). In the I-130 Question 22, should I put Adjustment of Status in SFO, California or can we put ..will apply for visa abroad at New Delhi, India. Can we put both??

3). In the G-325 A (Biographic Info), it asks last 5 years employment. I have been self-employed (with no-paycheck) for 2003 and 2004. Since 2005, I am employed Full-Time again. I am not sure what to put for 2003 and 2004. I am also concerned for this info to be accurate as I have to give it again when I apply for citizenship.

You don't need pay checks for G325A. BTW - Even when you self-employed, you will have some icome proof like your tax returns. You also have a comany name even if it is your own name if working as a Sole Proprieter.

Thank you all.