1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Filing for mother GC when she overstayed 10 yrs ago

Discussion in 'Dealing with Consulates - other than US consulates' started by ASHTON KUTCHER, Jul 17, 2011.


    ASHTON KUTCHER Registered Users (C)

    Filing for mother GC when she overstayed 10 yrs ago
    Hello just wanted to confirm if my mother overstayed vacation 11 yrs ago will affect her GC interview overseas , overstayed time was 2 yrs due to medical issues, she returned back several times with the same visa and had no problems entering no questions asked etc.
    Her visa expired in 2008 which I applied for a renewal and all went well she got her renewal for another 10 yrs I mentioned to the officer she had medical issues which there was a Dr letter to support this and he said that's fine these things happen so no problem and he issued the visa.
    Next week I will be submitting her 1-130 just want to make sure during her interview she don't run into any problem with the overstay back in 2000, pls confirm if anyone has answers for the above questions.
    Thanks Ash

    ASHTON KUTCHER Registered Users (C)

    Urgent any answers from anyone on my concern below

    Hello just spoke to an attorney over the phone and confirmed that my mother won't have any problem her green card process since its over 10 yrs since her overstay, so i will be applying for her GC at her consultate instead of applying here in the US which i had planned on but since he confirmed she will be fine i may just get it done there.
    I heard different stories about this situation and did't want to jump into it and risk her getting he GC denial and cancelation of her current visa.

    If anyone know any different pls let me know before i submit her appl.

    thanks Ash

Share This Page