Filed N400 on 28th July, 2010. Still no notice for interview. Others?

Asylee104

Registered Users (C)
I filed my application from Fairfax, Virginia on 28th July, 2010.

I received I-797 (Notice of Action) on August 4, 2010.

I did not receive my Finger Printing Interview So I called USCIS 1800 # and they opened a service ticket. 15 days after that phone call (September 9, 2010) I received a letter from USCIS, referring to the service ticket that had been opened, stating that my Finger Printing from 2009 is still good and that is why i did not receive a finger printing notice.

Today it is October 21st, 2010 and still I have not received my interview notice. I called USCIS again today and the lady told me that the Fairfax, VA office is still working on cases from March 3rd, 2010....:(

I want to get an idea from other people who applied in end of July 2010 from Fairfax, VA to see where you stand in your citizenship process.

Please let me know

I filed my application from Fairfax, Virginia on 28th July, 2010.

I received I-797 (Notice of Action) on August 4, 2010.

I did not receive my Finger Printing Interview So I called USCIS 1800 # and they opened a service ticket. 15 days after that phone call (September 9, 2010) I received a letter from USCIS, referring to the service ticket that had been opened, stating that my Finger Printing from 2009 is still good and that is why i did not receive a finger printing notice.

Today it is October 21st, 2010 and still I have not received my interview notice. I called USCIS again today and the lady told me that the Fairfax, VA office is still working on cases from March 3rd, 2010....:(

I want to get an idea from other people who applied in end of July 2010 from Fairfax, VA to see where you stand in your citizenship process.

Please let me know

All we have to do is wait :)

Asylee104,

Your situation does not sound right. Did you file more than one N-400? If so, the reords could be getting mixed up with each other.

BigJoe5

Yes, I applied before. My fingerprinting, interview, test all happened but after passing the interview exam the officer said I had not yet completed my 5 year anniversary and I need to apply again in July 28, 2010.

So I applied again on July 28, 2010. Then, upon not getting FP notice, I called 1800 number. After few weeks I got a letter in mail stating that my old finger printing is still good. Now, yet I have not gotten my interview letter.

I plan to make an infopass appointment for this Friday to Fairfax, VA office and inquire whether my old passed interview can still be considered valid.

What do you suggest I do?

An Infopass appt is good. Be sure to tell the officer that you had filed two N-400's and please check on the status of BOTH applications. Make sure that the old N-400 is closed out and not interfering with your current N-400's progress. Your old N-400 is a done deal, you just need to make sure it's closed out properly in their system.

Good Luck,