File Citizenship -both spouses living in different states

muskusha

All..

We are eligible to file for Citizenship in July 2013 after completion of 5yrs of GC which we obtained through my husband's employment. Now here is my situation

1.Husband filed GC as future employee for Company A in June 2007 fiasco when all EB categories became 'current', while he was still employed with Company B

2.Recieved GC in Aug 2008 (after 12 months of filing 485), but could not join back 'A' as they did not have any position and he continued wotk with B, the designation and responsibilites match the Labor

3.Life moving forward - I moved with kids to next state PA for employment,better school than where I was living,save commute to NY, house price went dipping down and could not sell my house in NJ etc

4. Husband does not want to file for citizenship yet due to pending property issues back in home country.

Now time to file N400 and see details asking for marital status and Home address-which will be NJ address and my address will be PA address. Older child will be 18yr early next year and I would like to have this process taken care before she is 18yrs.

Will this be anything I need to be concerned with all my 4 points

Please share your thoughts and experiences

Thanks !!

Last edited by a moderator:
4. Husband does not want to file for citizenship yet due to pending property issues back in home country.
That statement by itself doesn't make much sense. I'll guess that the missing information is that he's from a country where (1) they will revoke his original citizenship when he becomes a US citizen, and (2) losing that citizenship would affect his property rights in that country. Am I correct?

That statement by itself doesn't make much sense. I'll guess that the missing information is that he's from a country where (1) they will revoke his original citizenship when he becomes a US citizen, and (2) losing that citizenship would affect his property rights in that country. Am I correct?

Thats perfectly correct !!

only the kids and me would like to file for citizenship