Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys
First want to Thank you all for your participation
Im ready to file the lawsuit on 120 days rule
Looking for the Easiest Civil case format to use
Thanks in advance

120 is on March 07 2014
Already Contacted Senator , Congressman and even CIS Ombudsman office ,
Multiple called to Tier 2 officers are ends same way Your case Pending Supervisors Approval
Even do i contacted USCIS on 01/10/2014 with service request
reply was
Your case was recommended for approval and waiting for next availible Oath ceremony

I wonder why you would want to waste so much money and time if you are just waiting for the next oath ceremony? My friend, these things take time (we are dealing with the government anyway, which is not only inefficient but also understaffed often with incompetent people), so if you are so close to saying goodbye to USCIS forever, just wait for things to move.

When i called USCIS and did Infopass

they told me My CASE IS NOT APPROVED YET , THEY Told me Case NEEDS THE APPROVAL BY SUPERVISOR
Sorry caps i mentioned the service request was saying that i Was recommended , but it looks like its not yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys
First want to Thank you all for your participation
Im ready to file the lawsuit on 120 days rule
Looking for the Easiest Civil case format to use
Thanks in advance

120 is on March 07 2014
Already Contacted Senator , Congressman and even CIS Ombudsman office ,
Multiple called to Tier 2 officers are ends same way Your case Pending Supervisors Approval
Even do i contacted USCIS on 01/10/2014 with service request
reply was
Your case was recommended for approval and waiting for next availible Oath ceremony

For a 1447(b) lawsuit the 120 days clock starts ticking from the date of the interview, NOT from the date N-400 was filed.
When exactly did you have the naturalization interview?

Bajkal vi russkij ?
any way you can help with finding for the Easiest Civil case format to use? i didi try to dowload some from the forum but its no longer allowing to download

Ok, so at this point I suggest you write CIS a letter indicating your intent to sue. Send it to the director of CIS, the Attorney-General, the DHS secretary, and the director of your service center. Make sure you indicate at the bottom of each letter that it was CC'd to the others. They have to see that you didn't just sent it to them. You can add the White House if you like. Give them a month or so to send you the oath letter, and tell them you'll otherwise file the lawsuit, which will waste everyone's time. Don't be rude, but be clear and firm about the fact that your case (I take it it's straightforward, and there isn't anything CIS could use to deny your case?). If you don't hear from them by the deadline you set, FILE the suit. This way at least, you give them a chance to get their heads out of their a$$es and scramble to complete your case, AND you could potentially save money and time.

Bajkal vi russkij ?

Yes, I grew up in Russia, but I've lived in the U.S. for the last 20 years.

any way you can help with finding for the Easiest Civil case format to use?

No, sorry, I've never actually tried to file a lawsuit (although I should have, as after filing N-400 I had to wait over 2 years for the interview -- that was during the period when the FBI name check often took forever). So I don't have any direct experience with the 1447(b) lawsuit matters.

You should check out the lawsuit thread above, and see if you can find any relevant info there,
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...st-USCIS-or-thinking-about-a-lawsuit-(Merged)

I do remember reading that prior to filing a lawsuit itself, some people send a "letter of intent to sue" to the Director of the local DO and to the U.S. Attorney for the relevant district. Sometimes such a letter may help unstuck a stuck case and eliminate the need to file an actual lawsuit.

In your original post you mention that you "Already Contacted Senator , Congressman". What information, if any, did you get from them about the status of your case?

I called Senators and congressman office and there reply was We cannot force give many agency to make a discussion , your case needs to have Supervisors approval to be scheduled for an Oath ceremony

Ok, so at this point I suggest you write CIS a letter indicating your intent to sue. Send it to the director of CIS, the Attorney-General, the DHS secretary, and the director of your service center. Make sure you indicate at the bottom of each letter that it was CC'd to the others. They have to see that you didn't just sent it to them. You can add the White House if you like. Give them a month or so to send you the oath letter, and tell them you'll otherwise file the lawsuit, which will waste everyone's time. Don't be rude, but be clear and firm about the fact that your case (I take it it's straightforward, and there isn't anything CIS could use to deny your case?). If you don't hear from them by the deadline you set, FILE the suit. This way at least, you give them a chance to get their heads out of their a$$es and scramble to complete your case, AND you could potentially save money and time.

When you mention to wright a letter what type of letter it has to be ? Anybody uploaded one to this forum so I can use same format ?thanks in advance

A business letter, so with your name, address, phone at the top, the contact details of the other party below that, the date inbetween, a line stating "Re: notice of intent to file a civil suit under INA Section 1447(b) due to failure to adjudicate a naturalization application within 120 days of interviewing the applicant", and then the body of the letter where you explain the scenario, i.e., "Dear Director <name here>, I am a permanent resident of the US. I applied for naturalization on <date>, etc. etc., I contacted senators, etc. etc., It has almost been 120 days, etc., etc., and I intend to file my suit on <date> if I do not receive my oath letter by then, etc. etc., With kind regards, <your name>."

Make sure your A# is also at the top of the letter with your contact details. I will try to find the lawsuit I typed up, but I think I already uploaded it in the thread about suing.