Feb 2015 - Citizenship tracker

Thanks Rok8man....I have more great news!!!!
I called USCIS this morning to verify that my Oath Ceremony Letter was sent to the correct address because I made an address change at my interview on June 4 and was told my Oath Ceremony is scheduled for June 22. This is wonderful!!!

Thanks Rok8man....I have more great news!!!!
I called USCIS this morning to verify that my Oath Ceremony Letter was sent to the correct address because I made an address change at my interview on June 4 and was told my Oath Ceremony is scheduled for June 22. This is wonderful!!!

That is awesome. Its good to see the process working so fast. Almost the end of the line for you Kacy. Two more steps remain before you are a full fledged US Citizen...... :)

Had my Naturalization Interview this morning and all went well, I was issued an N-652 indicating that my application has been recommended for approval. After weeks of stressing over this it took about 20 minutes from start to finish, the I/O was a very nice Gentleman, I probably thanked him a little too much at the end but I was very happy and proud.

I arrived at 10 am, made the mistake of having a small pen knife attached to my keys which the x-ray machine picked up and I had to take it back to my car and go through the screening again. Once inside I presented my interview notice and went to the waiting room. Within less then 5 minutes I was called up and introduced to my I/O, he asked me if my Immigration lawyer would be present (as my application was submitted by the lawyer that did my GC application) and I confirmed that it would be just me for the interview.

Took the oath to tell the truth and he requested my DL/GC and Passport. We started with the History/Civics Questions and they were as follows:

1. What year was the constitution written
2. What does freedom of religion mean
3 How many US Senators are there
4. When must males register for the draft
5. Name one state that boarders Canada
6. What Ocean is on the east coast

All pretty easy IMO so no problem there. Next he asked me to read a statement and write a response (I think it was something like 'what do we pay to the US government' and I wrote 'We pay taxes'). We then went through every page of my N-400, he confirmed my personal information and confirmed my responses to all of the questions. I provided him with an update of my travel log as I had a trip to Canada since submitting my N-400. He then asked me to sign a number of forms and the two passport style photos. He made no request for any documentation beyond my ID's or what was already provided in my application.

He then left the room and when he came back he confirmed that my application would be approved and indicated that my oath ceremony would likely be around Jul 29 in Worcester, MA but that I would receive the official notification in the mail with the confirmed date etc.

That's it, it was as easy as it sounds. Glad its over, next stop Oath then a US passport.

If anyone has any questions let me know I'll try my best to answer.

Cheers,

Congrats Pierre. That was smooth sailing from start to finish. Thank you for letting us know what the questions he asked. This is mighty helpful. Interview for the wife coming up in 27 days and counting.

Congrats Pierre. That was smooth sailing from start to finish. Thank you for letting us know what the questions he asked. This is mighty helpful. Interview for the wife coming up in 27 days and counting.
Thanks Rok8man.

In regards to the questions don't let your wife stress over it, that is probably the easiest part of the interview. There are 100 possible questions, when I first reviewed them I knew the answer to probably 85% right off the bat, not because I'm some sort of smart guy but because they are "common knowledge". When studying the questions focus on the 15 or 20 that give you the most problem, its unlikely that she would forget that Barack Obama is the current President or that Texas boarders Mexico.

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks Kacy, I echo your thoughts for Rok8man and Nicole, let's bring this home!!!
Congratulations, Pierre and thank you for your kind wishes,guys. I am still in line for Interview and do not expect it soon because the statistic in my area shows that the process working more slowly here.

Rok8man your wife will be just fine. Does your wife have the CD to review the questions? I used that on my way to work and back the day before my interview and on my way there and I was fine. I also did a dry run and then only focused on the few I didn't answer correctly the first time.

I am still in line for Interview and do not expect it soon because the statistic in my area shows that the process working more slowly here.

Yup just as I thought, use the info for your benefit but can't be bothered to contribute.

Hi Guys!! Just want to fill you in. I mentioned before that I'm scheduled to travel out of the country for work on June 26. As you know my Oath Ceremony is June 22. Well, I made an appt. to get my US passport June 24 and now I'm anxious and keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it in time to travel.

Yup just as I thought, use the info for your benefit but can't be bothered to contribute.
Here is my contribution...
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/how-long-wait-for-citizenship-interview---1736141.html
In my opinion It's more informative and it takes less time to find out a correct answer. But it's just my opinion.. I never impose my opinion to anybody and expect the same from others...I hope it's helpful and thanks for understanding. My congratulation for you to be a citizen of wonderful, free country! I hope you enjoy here and happy.

Here is my contribution...
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/how-long-wait-for-citizenship-interview---1736141.html
In my opinion It's more informative and it takes less time to find out a correct answer. But it's just my opinion.. I never impose my opinion to anybody and expect the same from others...I hope it's helpful and thanks for understanding. My congratulation for you to be a citizen of wonderful, free country! I hope you enjoy here and happy.

WOW! You really went all out and put the effort in there... congratulations!!! That's mighty big of you! Nice attitude too!

WOW! You really went all out and put the effort in there... congratulations!!! That's mighty big of you! Nice attitude too!
Thanks.. in fact, it was very easy to find, just write key words in Google search.. that's all

So February crew, my Oath Ceremony is on Monday. I'm scheduled to travel for work on Friday and have my passport appt scheduled for Wednesday. I will let you know how it turns out. All the best to you in your next steps .

All the best to you as well Kacy. It will be a lot more relaxed process compared to the interview process. After the passport process you are done with the whole process and its quite the relief.

Thanks rok8man. I'm officially an American!! Will update my experience later :) It was a very nice and relaxed experience. I'm rooting for you guys!! You all will be done soon too!!