Feb 19 CP Success at Chennai

Anand RK

Registered Users (C)
CP experience was smooth. I visited Lister on 14th morning and met Dr V the same day evening with prior appointment. I had proof of vacinations (certificate issuesd by Child\'s Indian doctor) for first daughter. No records for me, wife and second daughter. Dr V accepted the certificate and no vaccines for first daughter. She gave me and my wife MMR and gave almost 4 or 5 injections for the second daughter. She mentioned that the child will NOT have any fever. She was right! Dr V is really cool. But, for a family of 4 it took almost 1 hour (excluding waiting time). She gave us reports which were not sealed. I did not bother to open them either.

We were at consultate at 8AM on 19th. Since it was the first day for most EB applicants we had too many cases. You walk upto the security and show your appointment letter with passports for each applicant. I carried transperent folders. But, I did see many carrying opaque bags also allowed inside.

We were made to sit under the famours shamiana and in a batch of 6-10 were allowed to go inside to submit our documents.

I arranged the documents in Srifx order for most part. I met two other folks who were coming the second time since the first time they did not have local police clearance. Both had taken their RPO clearance through the passport office and not through consulate. Since I am residing in India for the past 4 months, I had taken RPO PCC and Local police PCC.

The lady checking our documents initially arranged them in her own way. She then gave us a slip to pay the application fee at counter one. Keep the receipt for the interview! She also gave a blue dart address form. Fill it and keep it ready. I will be asked during the actual interview.

Contd..

Feb 19 CP Success at Chennai - contd

We then go back to shamiana and wait. The load speaker calls name in some apparently random order. However, I felt they were giving preference to families with babies and kids, since we one of the first few to be called.

The interview was conducted by an Indian guy. Only one question: who is your employer. For each applicant he went through the file and gave back many documents he did not need. He asked for 2 things: Latest pay slip and a latest bank statement. How latest is latest I don’t know. I gave a dec 01 bank statement and sep 01 salary slip. He did not even glance at it and just added them to the file.

My I-134 was not notarized. I was planning to sign it in front of immigration officer. When I mentioned this to him, he just ignored it. When I repeated it again he said that for folks with ‘high’ salary they don’t care about it. They know we will take care of our family. He was very jovial all through.

After checking each of our files, he gave us a slip to pay the issuance fee and asked us to go home. That’s all. We were out by 10.30 AM.

I had given a Hyderabad address. I reached hyderabad through overnight train and the packet was delivered next day around 12.30 pm. There was only one mistake: My first and last names were interchanged. I need to find out whether it will be corrected at Chennai or POE.

Best of luck guys! This was really useful forum and thanks to the host and all of you. I will try and answer any questions..

ARK

Congrats .... Hey rashid congrats to you too

for getting the Interview Date

Which consulate is it?? Did you have to follow the new procedure of P3 (the one through St. Louis)? If yes, can you explain this process?

IM999

Thanks man
No i didnt follow the new procedure.
My pkt 3 reaced on Dec 12th 2001 and i got my interview date on Feb 14th . the date is March 2002.
I pray to the lord above that all goes well. I am patiently counting down the days
Your day will come soon to dont worry

Congratulations!!!

Anand

Congratulations!!! did you have the notarized employment letter with you. Were you on leave of absence or something. How safe it is to carry Feb 15th payslip for April interview. My company has lot of layoffs and I am not sure when the ax would be on me.

Thanks for your help.

Police Clearnance

Hi Anand

How was the process of getting PCC from RPO and Police station.

1. How long did it take at the RPO and also what procedure needs to be followed..

2. There are postings that local police station doesnt issue PCC and there is no format with them.. How did u get it, do they have a standard form..

Please let me know..

Thanks

Congrats Anand!!

I have applied for the consulate processing in chennai. When i get my interview date do i need to get the PCC from indian embassy or from the local police station in india.

trygc..

I did carry a notarized employment letter and I was temporarily working with our indian operations and getting paid in Indian Rs. I think Feb 15 payslip should be ok for April. Just carry your 2001 W2 and returns if have that.

ARK

SachinG

I submitted RPO application at Hyderabad RPO on Jan 4th and they issued me PCC on Jan 8th. Local police was a tough one. It took 2 weeks of follow-up and verification (the cop visited my house) but they finally gave it to me. There is no standard form. I have posted a sample form I used in my earlier postings. Search for it under my name or try this link
Anand RK "Successful CP on 17th in Delhi" 1/21/02 6:13am

ARK

I got both (RPO and Police ) Clearance together...

I hold a Mumbai passport. I applied for PCC at the Hyd PCC on Jan 8th. They asked me to fill up the Police Information Sheet \'because you dont have a local passport\'. The cop came to inquire 10 days later, and I finally received the passport last week by Speed Post. It has got a stamp on the passport by the Hyd-RPO (saying something like \'there is nothing against him...\' etc), and also, a letter from the police saying somewhat the same was stapled inside. This letter is on a very ordinary paper with the content typed using some antique typewriter, but it is legible and the signature and the stamp etc are quite authentic.

So does it count as \'two PCC\' or do I have to get YET another letter from the Police? I hope not...