makka71

CSC - Application

Application dt :07/28/2007
Receipt Dt : 08/20/2007
Notice dt :10/05/2007
FP Dt : 10/23/2007 in Santarosa,CA

Myself and my wife both had the finger printing on 10/23/2007
My wife got a second notice saying that : The FBI was unable to process
your finger print card. In order to for the USCIS to continue processing your application , it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken. This will be completed at no additional expense to you.

Any one had the similar experience ? is this this start of the problem for FBI Name check process?

This has nothing to do with name check. They are completely different things.
Some people particularly elderly or those who have worked with bare hands etc, have poor finger prints. FBI will try again, if this does not work then USCIS will notify of a different process such as getting police clearance certificate from places lived etc. Ask your wife to use some good cream daily prior to her next finger printing session.

CSC - Application

your finger print card. In order to for the USCIS to continue processing your application , it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken. This will be completed at no additional expense to you.

Any one had the similar experience ? is this this start of the problem for FBI Name check process?

Use Corn Huskers Lotion

Hi,

This happended to my wife also. I was told by different sources that using 'Corn Huskers' lotion daily 2 to 3 times before fingerprinting will really help and this lotion is also recommended by FBI. I did the samething for my wife before her second fingerprint and the scores were improved a lot.

You can also do that. You can get this lotion in any pharmacy store, target, walmart etc.

Remember if your second fingerprint is also not readable, you need to get police clearance from the places you stayed in the last 5 years.

So give it a try for couple of weeks and tell her not to do any dishes without any gloves.

CSC - Application

second time finger print Passed

My wife had given the second time finger printing on 11/07 and it had passed.I had called the FBI help desk on the finger print clearmace they provide the information it had been cleared.

Thanks for the members on suggestions on corn husker lotion

My wife had given the second time finger printing on 11/07 and it had passed.I had called the FBI help desk on the finger print clearmace they provide the information it had been cleared.

Thanks for the members on suggestions on corn husker lotion

Can someone please post information on how this can be done?
Whats the number to call and will the customer service rep be able to tell us if the 2nd FP has cleared?

Thank you makka71 and to others who are helping out.

- do they actually tell you "it has been cleared"...and what does "cleared" mean?

Thank you makka71 and to others who are helping out.

- do they actually tell you "it has been cleared"...and what does "cleared" mean?

Old thread, but for what it is worth, the FBI does not tell you about the quality or success of your fingerprints. They simply tell you that they sent the 'results' back to USCIS. The 'results' could be any of the following:

i) No match => All clear
ii) Match => Yikes
iii) Unreadable prints => FP needs to be redone

If about 6 weeks have passed by after your FP and you still have not got a FP redo notice, it's a good indication that your FPs were found to be readable by the FBI.

OY

Old thread, but for what it is worth, the FBI does not tell you about the quality or success of your fingerprints. They simply tell you that they sent the 'results' back to USCIS. The 'results' could be any of the following:

i) No match => All clear
ii) Match => Yikes

If about 6 weeks have passed by after your FP and you still have not got a FP redo notice, it's a good indication that your FPs were found to be readable by the FBI.

OY

Thanks for the update

i) No match => All clear
ii) Match => Yikes

OY

But any of the 3 scenarios indicate that the process is not stuck in the name check.

But any of the 3 scenarios indicate that the process is not stuck in the name check.

Are you saying that the fact that FBI has sent back your FP results to USCIS means that you are not stuck in the name check? That's not a valid conclusion. We have many people on this forum whose FP results were sent back in good time, who have been stuck in the name check for many months.

OY

Are you saying that the fact that FBI has sent back your FP results to USCIS mean that you are not stuck in the name check? That's not a valid conclusion. We have many people on this forum whose FP results were sent back in good time, who have been stuck in the name check for many months.

OY

Hmmm, simple logic would bring to that conclusion. Both "there is a match" and "there are no match" means they have completed the check and come to a conclusion. Then "FP not readable" means they haven't even begun checking so definitely it's not stuck in the name-check.

But this is FBI and USCIS, so logic doesn't apply!

Hmmm, simple logic would bring to that conclusion. Both "there is a match" and "there are no match" means they have completed the check and come to a conclusion. Then "FP not readable" means they haven't even begun checking so definitely it's not stuck in the name-check.

But this is FBI and USCIS, so logic doesn't apply!

The name check and fingerprint check are two different processes. Completion of the finger print check does not mean that the name check is complete.

OY