FBI Name Check

Guys/Gals,

A little update, i went to my appointment (like every month - infopass) and the IO told me that my name cleared.....25 min prior to my appointment!! :D. She inquired to get me an appointment for my new FP... she said, i should get the appointment for the FP in one or two more weeks.. happiness doesn't explain my feeling right now.

I promised to post when I receive the physical card... yet to be done. But today, on day 388, I did receive the physical "Welcome to the United States of America" letter in snail-mail (and a soft LUD on I-485)... hope this helps those who are counting the days.

Good luck to those still waiting and, especially to you, Franticsky - you'll make it!

....<side note> anti-depressants do not help much :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys/Gals,

A little update, i went to my appointment (like every month - infopass) and the IO told me that my name cleared.....25 min prior to my appointment!! :D. She inquired to get me an appointment for my new FP... she said, i should get the appointment for the FP in one or two more weeks.. happiness doesn't explain my feeling right now.

Congratulations!
Would you mind posting your timeline as well?

I have received the physical welcome letter from the USCIS. It states that my GC is conditional and will be valid for 2 yrs. Do you guys know how much earlier I have apply for renewal before the GC expiration date.

Do we have to go through the name check again? I wish not.
Thanks and good luck to those who are waiting for name check.

Congrats:) to all of them who have recently recieved their cards. Its encouraging to see some progress with this NC.

I am still waiting to see if when I will be able to give good news to everyone. not heard yet as to whether my NC has cleared or not. I did get 2nd FP notice and gave my 2nd FP 2 weeks ago.

Still waiting some progress on my case. Its damn frustrating to still wait after more than 2 years. :confused::(:mad:

I have an infopass scheduled for next week to check on the status.

Anybody with similar timelines like me still stuck in NC?

I have received the physical welcome letter from the USCIS. It states that my GC is conditional and will be valid for 2 yrs. Do you guys know how much earlier I have apply for renewal before the GC expiration date.

Do we have to go through the name check again? I wish not.
Thanks and good luck to those who are waiting for name check.

Congratulations. You should apply within the 90 days before the expiry.

Anybody with similar timelines like me still stuck in NC?

Hello ncgc2006, if that can be of any recomfort, you're not alone. I'm still waiting (I485 received and pending since January 06) and I know other '05 applicants who haven't received theirs.

Note that I haven't gotten any LUD since I moved to North Carolina last July, despite the second finger printing in August.

Noar

--
Last LUD 07/17/2007
Last Finger Printing 08/03/2007

hey noar,

I wonder if it is to do with NC DO office. I am also based in NC (aka North Carolina). When I set up my ID: NC stood for North Carolina...little did I know it would change to Name Check(NC) over the course of more than 2 years.

Still waiting to hear some progress about the case.

My husband finally received his green card after waiting a long time for the name check to clear. He had applied in 2005. I don't know exactly what caused the case to finally be processed. Now that I see on this site that so many people have received their green cards, maybe it is because they made some changes in the name check process. But some of the things that we have done recently include sending certified letters threatening to sue, as well as filing a complaint with the Ombudsman. Here is the link for that: http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm
We want to share the info in case it can help anyone else. Funny thing is, after waiting all of this time, we disovered that his passport has expired! So he is working on getting a new one before he can go back home. Best of luck to everyone.

Congratulations Jsyamala to you and your husband!

Thanks for the valuable advice, I had never seen this ombudsman's page before.

ncgc2006, I don't know if North Carolina is any worse. I just deplore that the closest office is in Charlotte. 2 hours drive there and 2 hours back is a real pain coming from Durham. I heard that they will open a DO in March in Durham. I hope to be done by then though...

Good luck to yall!

noar

Hi everyone,
I got my namecheck cleared today..got a CRIS mail saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" just now!
My timeline
applied nov 06
RFE dec 06
interview march 07..approved pending name check
I moved from Ohio to North Carolina and so had to write to them to transfer my case to Charlotte, wich I did in Oct 07
applied for 2nd EAD in oct and received it s 2 days ago..

My 2nd wedding anniversary was on Nov 25th. During my interview the officer told me that if I get my greencard after my 2nd anniversary it will be a 10 year card.

Dont loose hope guys..a lot of people are getting their name checks cleared!

Congratulations. We have the same time line for application although I have not yet had my interview.

i hope the momentum continues...

Day 393 - Card in hand!!!!
The best Christmas present I ever had....

jsb - you'll be there, I am confident, just try not to stress too much... (I failed at that)

Good luck to all those waiting - looks like the USCIS did, indeed, become faster in clearing its backlog (for which I am truly thankful).

Now, a stupid question - if I am to go to my country of origin to celebrate with my parents - do I need to fill the I-94 upon returning to the US?

Name Check Status

Hi,
How do we know the status of name check ? do they send any email about the status ? Please advice.

Happy Holidays Everyone

My husband's name check is still pending. We filed in June 2007. We had the interview in September. Everything went fine except that the case could not be approved because of pending name check. We are still waiting to hear on the NC. DO is Cherry Hill, NJ. Anyone from the same DO?

Thanks.

mine is newark DO waiting from may, interview was on aug. Did anybody received GC while away on AP?
i seen so many getting gc but i am away on AP, wondering if that was the reason
any advise?

2nd interview for I-485 / Charlotte office

Hi,

I moved to NC from Boston last August. I had an infopass appointment with an officer in Charlotte last week. She said they just transferred the case to NC and I should be hearing back from them soon. I got another round of FPs done. My case was originally filed in Feb 2005 (married to USC) in Boston. So it took USCIS more than a year to transfer the case. The officer also said that my case is "pending background check".

Last Friday I got another interview for I-485 asking me to get all the information to establish relationship, etc. We've been married for about 8 years now, and I applied for GC through my wife 4 years after we got married (that's when she became a USC). Now they want to find out if I married her for GC! Funny thing is, this is the second time I'm having to go through this (first time was in October 2005 in Boston). They simply don't get it, I guess.

Anyway, do you guys think there's a slight chance that I would get the I-551 stamp on my passport on the day of my interview? The interview is in Charlotte office, btw. Or will they continue to harass me with the "pending background check"? I'm tired of applying for AP and EAD every year.