FBI Name Check

its going to be 6 months for me on november 30th since name check was submitted and 6 months from the interview date completed on nov 23 :(

Name check approved! Interview officer told us name check submitted July 07. So took me 5 months.
I know it is hard, but just be patient and don't lose hope !
Here is my time line
DO- San Diego
I 130 approved based on marriage to a USC
I 485 & I 760 filed 6-5-07
Biometrics done 7-5-07
RFE for I 864 affidavit of support 7-7-07
LUD 7-18-07
RFE reply received by USCIS 7-19-07( checked via USPS tracking)
No LUD or online status change
interview letter notice dated July 27
Interview date Sep 6
EAD- 8-29-07
LUD on I 130- 10/13/07
I 485 welcome notice-11/19/07

How long have you all been waiting

I applied for AOS Nov 2, 2006. Had 2 interviews that were scheduled and then cancelled. I still have not had my interview, which I am told is the norm in Vermont to wait until name check clearance to schedule interviews. I know that by Feb' 07 my name already been sent for name check. To date, I have no response. Just wondering what each persons waiting time has been.

I have been wiating for 3 months since my interview on august 22nd 2007 , and six months from the date of file and 5 months and 27 days from the day the name check was sent

I applied for AOS Nov 2, 2006. Had 2 interviews that were scheduled and then cancelled. I still have not had my interview, which I am told is the norm in Vermont to wait until name check clearance to schedule interviews. I know that by Feb' 07 my name already been sent for name check. To date, I have no response. Just wondering what each persons waiting time has been.

Please schedule an infopass and get more info , interviews are normally scheduled by the National Benefits Center at the respective service centers , something is not right here

uscis is a complete joke , i wrote to the freedom of information helpline at uscis and they wrote back that it normally takes 16-18 months for them to provide any inforamation , all i needed to know is the contact details of district directors and supervisors at the NY city district office

Looks Like Name Check Cleared

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you. I was naturalized on July 10 2006 (which was another ordeal in iteslf, I had a dual "A" file that took 4 months to resolve after my naturalization interview), and subsequently applied for the GC for my wife. Had our interview on July 10, but were "on hold" till the name check cleared with the FBI. I saw this morning that the I-485 status had been updated to reflect that card production had been ordered on November 23. Good luck to all those waiting.

Recieved EAD and AP document - January 19 2007
Interview Notice Received - May 20 2007
Interview - July 10, 2007; Pending FBI Name Check
Card Ordered - status updated on November 23, 2007

franticsky,

I did received one set of LUD updates after the info pass appointment back in May 2007. Another set of LUD updates (I130 & 485) when I-130 got approved. I-130 approval LUD gave me the indication that my NAMECHECK came throw successfully. As you can see from my signature, MY NAME CHECK was submitted Oct 2006 and we attend the interview on Feb 1 2007.

Sli
Thanks for posting this info - we share the same filing period and even interview date - it gives me some (much needed!) hope...

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you. I was naturalized on July 10 2006 (which was another ordeal in iteslf, I had a dual "A" file that took 4 months to resolve after my naturalization interview), and subsequently applied for the GC for my wife. Had our interview on July 10, but were "on hold" till the name check cleared with the FBI. I saw this morning that the I-485 status had been updated to reflect that card production had been ordered on November 23. Good luck to all those waiting.

sli

can you please tell me more about the dual A file thing , I have two A files , one which is my present file , and another A file because of the fact that my previous employer had filed a I-140 for me , although the IO at the interview specifically said that he has requested for that file , also I know the number of that A file , is there anything I can do to speed up things , please advise

Name check approved! Interview officer told us name check submitted July 07. So took me 5 months.
I know it is hard, but just be patient and don't lose hope !
Here is my time line
DO- San Diego
I 130 approved based on marriage to a USC
I 485 & I 760 filed 6-5-07
Biometrics done 7-5-07
RFE for I 864 affidavit of support 7-7-07
LUD 7-18-07
RFE reply received by USCIS 7-19-07( checked via USPS tracking)
No LUD or online status change
interview letter notice dated July 27
Interview date Sep 6
EAD- 8-29-07
LUD on I 130- 10/13/07
I 485 welcome notice-11/19/07

amar_md, thank you for sharing. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you :)

Hello all,

CONGRATULATIONS, Sli :) Happy to hear more good news.

holy cow...

...this flood of recent name chek clearances in the past 2 weeks is awesome....gives hope to everyone who is still pending. hang in there....

Rambela, K Ambrose, thx for the wishes !!

This information was given to me by an IO when I went to get my biometrics done for EAD. he was nice enough to look up my file.

Please schedule an infopass and get more info , interviews are normally scheduled by the National Benefits Center at the respective service centers , something is not right here