FBI Name Check

this is the link where u can download all templates u need for WOM andm opposition etc.. u can also learn on how to sue and what to do in details and get advise from pple who are 100 times more experienced than i am... they helped me and they will help u .. click on it, don't copy and paste it... for some reason this forum hides the while URL

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=477

as for when to apply for 765--- do it at least 120-130 days before expiration

lists of defendants in NJ are:

ROBERT S. MUELLER, Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation,
MICHAEL CHERTOFF, Secretary of Homeland Security;
EMILIO T. GONZÁLEZ, Director United States Citizenship and Immigration Services;
RUSSELL OWEN, SUPERVISORY ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Newark, NJ

GUYS, If you have any questions on name check or on how to sue please click on the link above... u will benefit a lot from here...

I may not post in a while... but I wish you alll the best of luck !!!! Keep the faith !

name check

Would-be immigrants should have names like: Xirquiteyyshf Ujjdkwjfujelkcj Niriewdnannjhdjjehh to go through the name check abyss within 2 days flat. People with such names would also earn respect from FBI ("man .. how does he / she know how to spell the name?")

infopass today

it was a totally frustrating experience today at the Plaza , the immigration officer there says that file is at garden city enquire there , where as Garden City says go to the Plaza , even Infopass appointments direct all to the Plaza

So far all my efforts have been a waste , I have written to the Congressman whose office ofcourrse gave the the number of the other file that is at Nebraska I also have obtained information from the FBI itself if they have any records under the right to information act , that also came back with No Records

I have written to Garden City , the interview officer , the USCIS ombudsman office and even the First Lady but nothing seems to happen no information at all. I wouldnt have been so concerned if my father was not so sick in India

I will definitely go to Garden city in a months time again and find out what is going on , I dont think anything will move unless I sue them in a Federal Court

My NC is pending
Online LUD was 10-21-07. Do you think my name check cleared?

Here is my time line

DO- San Diego

I 130 approved based on marriage to a USC
I had to wait to file for AOS as I was doing my J1 waiver
I 485 & I 760 filed 6-5-07
Biometrics done 7-5-07
RFE for I 864 affidavit of support 7-7-07
LUD 7-18-07
RFE reply received by USCIS 7-19-07
interview letter notice dated July 27
Interview date Sep 6
EAD Card production ordered 8-22-07
LUD on 10-21-07

amar
dont waste ur tmie on infopass.. call them and ask to speak to an immigratiion officer (not customer service) they have better access on their computers than the pple behind the window when doing an infopass..
they will be able to tell u when ur name check was submitted and when/if it cleared

EAD renewal

Hi

I have been reading something on the ead renewal and came to know that I actually have to send it 6 months ahead of time , my question here is which service center do i send the same ? should I send it to the same service center wherre it was issued from or some other service center , mine was issued from lee's summit , missouri , thats the national benefits center , please let me know

Hey franticsky,

Be cautious about sending EAD 6 months ahead of time, even if their webpage says so. I sent 6 months ahead for renewal and they sent me a replacement EAD - Wonder why.

Asking them - I was given various excuses:

1. I may have filled the form wrongly - which I did not. (It was most like a data entry on their part. Because their database showed that it was for replacement and they told they issued a correct card. I had to send them a copy of my filled I-765 to prove otherwise)
2. I had applied way to early so they assumed on their part that it was for replacement - even though I had checked the option for renewal.
3. Calling customer service - they told I have to resend my EAD card, with a new I-765 form filled out and letter explaining the error (which I did 2 weeks ago) or re-apply for a new EAD card.

I know at least one more person (from this forum) to whom this happened. I am still waiting for an answer on the same. I am worried as I am now within 90 days timeframe as my EAD expires in Jan 2008.

In addition to all these,they took more than 14 weeks to process my application, even if their website showed 11 weeks. (I had to call the customer service repeatedly to ask for the status) - AND WHEN THEY SENT ME EAD CARD - BUT AS A REPLACEMENT CARD:mad:

So my advice would be if you apply 6 months ahead - make sure you have copies of all the forms and documents that you sent them.

Yes, you have to sent the form I-765 to the Chicago Lockbox. Thats the address for the option for c9 (Adjustment of Status).

Thank You

Hi Ncgc

Thank you for that Information that really is helpful , USCIS is nothing but an organization full of confused people whose main aim is to collect money and harass people without being accountable , I was checking out the e-filing option has anyone tried that ? is it faster / better than paper filing ??

another thing , do you have to send in ur original ead card or a copy of the card because sending the original is not a good idea :( , I think you have waited long enough for your name check , why dont you file a law suit against them , its almost 2 years for you when your name check was submitted

Last edited by a moderator:
good point franticsky :D

JMG , i see from your signature that you had efiled your advance parole and the ead , just wanted to know about the same because I am thinking of efiling for rebnewing my ap and ead after a couple of months ? apart from e-filing do we also have to send themn some documents by post ? please let me know

ead

i once used the e-filing to submit my EAD....
i did not have any problems with that.. it worked fine...
i suggest you apply 120 days before expiration.

Hey all,
I saw Wolf Blitzer mentioning Yvette Clarke's (NY) tabled motion in regards to clearing the security backlog.
750,000 people are on the no-fly list and also the fact that the Homeland Security is taking an awful long time to clear background checks was also mentioned in the Situation Room on CNN last evening.

I think everyone should bombard their elected representatives about their situation - being innocent and stuck in this ridiculous name check nonsense.
This has to stop!!

where can i get more destails

K Ambrose , where can I get more details about this , I have heard about this bill and have written to my congressman's office about the bill , but i want to know more about this , please let me know

Situation Room Transcript

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0711/07/sitroom.03.html

CAFFERTY: More than 15,000 people would like to get off the government's terror watch list. "USA Today" says these disgruntled travelers have appealed to the Department of Homeland Security -- there they are again -- since February to try and get their names removed.

The terror watch list has 750,000 names on it. Those flagged at security checkpoints include babies, senior citizens with the same names as suspected terrorists. Homeland Security says it gets about 2,000 requests a month from people who would like to have their names cleared. Imagine that. That's such a high number that they have been unable to meet their goal of resolving cases in 30 days.

Instead, it takes 44 days to process a complaint. Now, some members of Congress want a faster appeal system to help innocent people get their names cleared.

Democratic Congresswoman Yvette Clarke says -- quote -- "To leave individuals in this purgatory is un-American."

And the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee says he's going to question Homeland Security officials at a hearing tomorrow about why it takes so long to get off the list.

I wonder how long it takes to get on the list? I will bet not 44 days.

Here's the question. How effective is the government's terror watch list if it includes more than 750,000 names? E-mail us at CaffertyFile@CNN.com or go to CNN.com/caffertyfile.

EVERYONE PLEASE E-MAIL CNN. IF THEY GET 100's or 1000's of e-mails today, they might continue coverage on this issue..

Thanks MN , i heard that this bill is coming up for debate very soon , i hope something positive happens so that everyone who is suffering because of this stupid name check can get reprieve

Very good info here!!!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0711/07/sitroom.03.html

CAFFERTY: More than 15,000 people would like to get off the government's terror watch list. "USA Today" says these disgruntled travelers have appealed to the Department of Homeland Security -- there they are again -- since February to try and get their names removed.

The terror watch list has 750,000 names on it. Those flagged at security checkpoints include babies, senior citizens with the same names as suspected terrorists. Homeland Security says it gets about 2,000 requests a month from people who would like to have their names cleared. Imagine that. That's such a high number that they have been unable to meet their goal of resolving cases in 30 days.

Instead, it takes 44 days to process a complaint. Now, some members of Congress want a faster appeal system to help innocent people get their names cleared.

Democratic Congresswoman Yvette Clarke says -- quote -- "To leave individuals in this purgatory is un-American."

And the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee says he's going to question Homeland Security officials at a hearing tomorrow about why it takes so long to get off the list.

I wonder how long it takes to get on the list? I will bet not 44 days.

Here's the question. How effective is the government's terror watch list if it includes more than 750,000 names? E-mail us at CaffertyFile@CNN.com or go to CNN.com/caffertyfile.

EVERYONE PLEASE E-MAIL CNN. IF THEY GET 100's or 1000's of e-mails today, they might continue coverage on this issue..

Hi unfortunate NC people. I am not there (yet) and hope I will never be. My name although common (first name at least) is kind of particular and I do not come from a risk country.

I just think that this is a very important post. The more people send emails to places like CNN, the more it will be talked about and solutions will be taken.

Unfortunately this post is in the middle of a very long thread and I doubt it that many people will see it.

Mn77845 you should create a new thread with this info. As I said the more people show their discontent the more things will move for you guys.