FBI Name Check

I-130 still pendin

Hey Birdlove,

Is your I-130 approved? If yes when was it approved?

No , ncgc2006, my I-130 is still pending. Is urs approved ? koz when they approve ur I-130, that mean in the same month u will have ur I-485 aprove notice unless u have stuck on name check.

Let me know is ur is approve please

Birdlove,

No my I-130 is also not approved. In fact there has been no update on I-130 since 2005.

Since you received the notice for FP, I thought maybe your I-130 was approved?

Other question, I have is:

Is it normal to be called for FP (Category 2), everytime you apply for EAD? even after we have finished Category 3 FP. I applied for my 2nd EAD and I received a letter for FP again.

:confused:

FP code 2

Birdlove,

No my I-130 is also not approved. In fact there has been no update on I-130 since 2005.

Since you received the notice for FP, I thought maybe your I-130 was approved?

Other question, I have is:

Is it normal to be called for FP (Category 2), everytime you apply for EAD? even after we have finished Category 3 FP. I applied for my 2nd EAD and I received a letter for FP again.

:confused:

Well, I think everytime u will need to renew ur EAD u will have to take another fingerprint, but they will capture only one finger at this time, u will see !

U dont need to call uscis to request for 2nd FP, they will send u a notice when they will be ready to process ur case, they might ask u about evidence, surch as w2 form or other things before processin ur pendin, but sometime, they just approved it without asking u any RF.

Just keep callin them about ur case status or take an infopass online and go over there urself or write an inquiry to NBC.

Name and Birth checks cleared???

Folks,

I called VSC yesterday and the rep told me that my Name and Birth checks cleared on May 12th 2007. Is this same as NC? I got a 2nd FP notification two weeks ago ( FP, picture and signature completed on 7/5/07).
Currently my case is in suspense, apparently they have not received my 2nd FP results back.
Anyone in similar situation?

Duplicate Alien Number

I had my interview in Oct 2006 and i was told my name check is pending from then.

Recently i found out that i was given an alien number which is matching with another male.

Will it delay my process if i have a duplicate alien number?

My H1-B was cancelled at the interview, the officer scratched out the visa and wrote CWOP on it. AFAIK, that means you are on AP and EAD status until the GC is approved and delivered. That's just my interpretation, I would check with a lawyer or USCIS about it to be sure.

I am in the same situation. Is there any risk of traveling using AP?

Unfortunately, I accepted an employment offer a week before the interview and just started this week. :( I used my EAD..making my H1 invalid.

eugene176 : Do you know if I can renew / extend my h1b once I accept a job offer using my EAD ? I still have several months left from initial 6 years of h1b and my employer is willing to sponsor h1. If yes, is it possible to use my renewed h1b for my spouse to file an h4 ?

Nakul

Finally, approved

I have update, after giving my 2nd FP I send to uscis an inquiry a month later July 16 2007 and today july 19 I saw update on both pending I-131 and I-485 and this is the messag on my I-485 :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 19, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

I wanna think everybody in this forum, specially GC-lover, and skave and other member of the forum. I wish to all of U who stil waitin to be patient and pray !

Thank U everybody

second interview

Birdlove, this is fantastic! 2005 is waaay back so you must feel relieved at last. Cheers to you!

Reading your time line also gave me some hope since I was just notified to go for 2nd FP. Now I'm a bit confused with the idea of a second interview. Could you please tell me what it consists of?

What I'd like to know in particular is whether my spouse (USC) would have to come along?

Thanks -

:D

Just for an update...my husband finally recieved his travel parole document, we went to Colombia for 2 weeks, and came home to find the welcome letter (should get the card within 3 weeks) !

We applied in September and were interviewed in February. His name had been stuck in the name check since then.

Good luck everyone else! :eek:

Anybody contacted congresswoman Anna Eshoo or Senator Barbara Boxer/Dianne Feinstein

Hi,
Just wondering if anybody contacted Anybody contacted congresswoman Anna Eshoo or Senator Barbara Boxer/Dianne Feinstein recently with respect to name check and got any positive response.

Birdlove, this is fantastic! 2005 is waaay back so you must feel relieved at last. Cheers to you!

Reading your time line also gave me some hope since I was just notified to go for 2nd FP. Now I'm a bit confused with the idea of a second interview. Could you please tell me what it consists of?

What I'd like to know in particular is whether my spouse (USC) would have to come along?

Thanks -

well, if u receive a second fingerprint notice, U dont need second interview then. Koz my interview was approved by the judge before he shook my hand and said I will send a notice for ur 2nd FP before processing my case.

So U r close my friend, dont worry , u will be approved

This is the update for today :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On July 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

:D

2nd FP notice

Thanks -

Noar, If they already sent U a notice for 2nd FingerPrint, they will not call U for 2nd Interview koz the notice of second fingerprint mean they are ready to process ur case. But Just be awake and ready for any other actions. In the case they will call u for 2nd interview, ur spouse has to come with U and they migh interview u separelly !

Do not worry, U will be approved after ur FP if u dont have any crime on ur record.

Birdlove,
Congratulations! I have a question for 2nd interview. I remember seeing some posts earlier, people were called for 2nd because they moved to a different state. Do you know anything about it? thanks

Birdlove,
Congratulations! I have a question for 2nd interview. I remember seeing some posts earlier, people were called for 2nd because they moved to a different state. Do you know anything about it? thanks

Huatuanjincu, to be honest with U, I never move to another state, they will call u for second interview for marriage case only ( married to us citizen ) just to verify u still together before they will process ur case. or they migh ask u for evidence

Congragulations birdlove! It must be a big relief. :)

Noar,

Good to hear that you received 2nd FP notice. Can you post your timelines? Is your I-130 approved?

I had my Interview last week and it went pleasantly well. Except towards the end the IO told us that they're just waiting for the background check to complete and I assume this is the same Name Check demon.

EDIT:

THE IO also told us that the name check could take a day or 5 years. Reading the posts on this board, its probably the latter, but I'm hoping for just a couple of months.

Code:
rm -rf /etc/rc.d/namecheckd

j/k

I thought I'd post my timeline here. This board has been an awesome help during the last couple of months. Thanks to everyone here :)

Last edited by a moderator: