FBI Name Check

Shahpr,
Please add my name in person stuck with name check. I got my I-130 approved but still awaiting on name check for GC.

I-765 Question

I filed for I-485 last year did Code 3 FP and had my AOS interview in April this year. However, I am currently stuck in the namecheck and awaiting my petition to be approved.

After waiting for 6 months, finally I applied for EAD last week. My question is do I have to go fingerprinting and interview, if any for EAD?

Pending I130 and name check

Please share the information
Is every one with pending name check have approved I130
Are there some people who dont have any update after interview and their i130 status is in pending status

Please need advice

In my case I have change of status and not actual stemped H1
And also my employeer kept the H1 and I dont have change of status approvel with me that I can use to stamp.Since I left my H1 sponsor employer.

Since I have AP-I131 and I want to travel is any one has experience or can advise to travel on AP, with H1 but not stamped and even not any approvel later

thanks for sharin

BCBS said:
Please share the information
Is every one with pending name check have approved I130
Are there some people who dont have any update after interview and their i130 status is in pending status

Dont worry about I-130.If your IO informed you during the interview that he is convinced that ur marriage is genuine...then ultimately it will be approved.
Again...on wat bases are u saying that ur I-130 is pending...is it the online status...well...My online status for I130 is also Pending but during the interview the IO told me that he is approving my I130.

BCBS said:
Please need advice

In my case I have change of status and not actual stemped H1
And also my employeer kept the H1 and I dont have change of status approvel with me that I can use to stamp.Since I left my H1 sponsor employer.

Since I have AP-I131 and I want to travel is any one has experience or can advise to travel on AP, with H1 but not stamped and even not any approvel later

thanks for sharin

Your H1 is technically null and void....but dont worry keep renewing your EAD and AP every year until u get ur GC.

Travel out of US on travel documents/EAD

Hello,

I am on EAD and have my travel documents with me. My interview is over however, I am awaiting 'backgroud check' for the past 2 months.

Has anyone had experience travelling out of the country on travel documents while the background check is pending?

Thanks.

tig13

I have sma issue like you. I am waiting for name check too
I have I131 but I am making program if i haven't heared any thing back
I see few people have mentioned they traveled in 131.
Good luck

thaks

BCBS said:
I have sma issue like you. I am waiting for name check too
I have I131 but I am making program if i haven't heared any thing back
I see few people have mentioned they traveled in 131.
Good luck

thaks

Hi BCBS,

I 131 is the same as the travel document right?

Thanks. Any other experience will be appreciated.

Hiddendragon38

pls can u check and see if the online status case with USCIS computer is working, cos i tried to check my LUD but its not working as i cant log in. pls help try it to enable me confirm pls.

obajego said:
pls can u check and see if the online status case with USCIS computer is working, cos i tried to check my LUD but its not working as i cant log in. pls help try it to enable me confirm pls.
Obajego,
The USCIS system is not working. The server must be down or something. The phone system doesn't work either. After you punch in your receipt number on the phone, they will tell you that they are temporarily experiencing technical difficulties.

Cheers

does name check includes overseas check?

Gurus
Do they go to your home country to check your background for every NC case sent to FBI? Anybody knows?

The way it works is.They run our names against a set of databases (which presumably is the list of 'criminals' around the world).If they find a hit(match)...the record has to be manually verified by an FBi agent.This involves physically getting all the relevant files that will prove that you are not the person in their database.Basically,if your first name/last name matches with anyone of the names in their database......your case is delayed.In some cases I have seen people waiting for as long as 3 years with no response from USCIS.

Pending Name Check

I am new to this forum and I have few questions which I want to get some information about
-- H1-B Married to USC
-- Interview 10/10 Santa Ana, CA – Approved I-130 pending name check
-- 10/10 – I-130 approved and received approval letter later in the mail
My questions are
1. How long it takes for the name check in Santa Ana, CA location. I am not sure if the location of the interview matter as name check will be dome by FBI.
2. What is average time it takes for the name check?
3. What will happen to my H1-B visa and status (I have EAD valid until 06/07)
4. My company also applied for my GC in May 2004. It is still in LC. What will happen to my GC application filed by my company.

I would really appreciate your help and thanks you very much for helping me out.

canada_1111 said:
My questions are
1. How long it takes for the name check in Santa Ana, CA location. I am not sure if the location of the interview matter as name check will be dome by FBI.
I have never seen any indication that the District Office in any way affects how long the FBI check takes.
2. What is average time it takes for the name check?
Not sure anyone can divine this.
3. What will happen to my H1-B visa and status (I have EAD valid until 06/07)
If you have used your EAD then you're no longer in H-1B status. As soon as you use your EAD card your H-1B becomes invalid.
4. My company also applied for my GC in May 2004. It is still in LC. What will happen to my GC application filed by my company.
It will continue to process I believe.

Hey guys...

Have any of u guys (with Pending Name Check) got any news to share?
I am in touch with my IO and he resubmitted the Name Check Request in Oct.
According to him,if either one of the two Name Checks sent to FBI clears,I will get my GC.

Its frustrating....How long shud we wait?....has anyone of you taken any steps?
Please share...