FAQs on B-2 Visitor Visas...appreciate ur replies

sunnyrock75

Registered Users (C)
Dear folks,
I am planning on inviting my parents and my younger brother to the US on a tourist visa. Would appreciate if one of can answer the following questions for me...

1)I am currently on a student visa and my wife on a H1-B. I am thinking of inviting my family with a reason of attending my graduation ceremony. Is this a good option or is it better for my wife to sponsor.

2)For a visa interview at the Chennai consulate, how can one schedule a single appointment for my parents as well as my brother.

3)Do I have to send an Affidavit of Support (I-134) for each person I intend to sponsor or is one sufficient.

Will look forward to your replies.

Thanks.

sunnyrock75 said:
Dear folks,
I am planning on inviting my parents and my younger brother to the US on a tourist visa. Would appreciate if one of can answer the following questions for me...

1)I am currently on a student visa and my wife on a H1-B. I am thinking of inviting my family with a reason of attending my graduation ceremony. Is this a good option or is it better for my wife to sponsor.

--> it is a good reason. Hopefully, you have enuf money in your account to show financial responsibility for them. It could be a joint account with your wife as well.

2)For a visa interview at the Chennai consulate, how can one schedule a single appointment for my parents as well as my brother.

--> Appt are scheduled online and can be done for >1 person in one go. They will all then get the same date.

3)Do I have to send an Affidavit of Support (I-134) for each person I intend to sponsor or is one sufficient.

---> One is enuf. It would have one of ur parent's name as traveler and rest as co-travelers.

Will look forward to your replies.

Thanks.

goodluck!

- ab