FAQ: I-693-Medical Examination

Thanks, that's reassuring. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be okay. That skin test is a really unsightly nuisance - I don't want to have to go through it again.

I have a question about Medical Exam.
I have applied I-693 with I-485 when I applied through my work. My case is still pending. Now i'm applyinh !-485 through my USC wife. DO I have to go through the Medical exam again or I can ask the doctor to give me the documents again.??

Hi,

I'm so confused about some things here. I'm done with the interview for green card and I need to comply only the vaccination because I preferred to be immunized here in the U.S so the interviewer gives me the letter stating that I do NOT need to obtain a complete medical exam, only the vaccine section in the I-693 form. When I called the number of the designated civil surgeon, the receptionist told me that in order for me to get the vaccination exam I need to undergo the complete medical examination first for me to become a patient there. I'm done with all the medical examination except the vaccination last October, 2009 along with the visa packet. My question is do I need to comply all the complete medical examination again? is this the policy of all clinics? I just need to comply the I-693 Vaccination part how come I need to undergo all the medical examination again.

Please do help me with this I need an advise.

Thank you so much

I'm planning to file GC for my parents when they are in the US (on visitor visa). Can I have them bring the i-693 filled out by an USCIS approved panel physician in India and use that while applying for their i-485 here in the US?

Thanks

I'm planning to file GC for my parents when they are in the US (on visitor visa). Can I have them bring the i-693 filled out by an USCIS approved panel physician in India and use that while applying for their i-485 here in the US?

Thanks

There are no USCIS approved physicians outside of United States. They will have to undergo medical examination in the US. There are doctors in India approved by US consulate for immigrant visa medical examination but they cannot be used for I-485 in US.

Hi I have a question regarding the TB test. In the past (in 2011) I have tested positive for the skin test and negative for the chest xray. This time, I got a RFE for repetition of medicals. This time they did Quantifier Gold Test and then Chest X-ray and X-ray came negative. Even though i was recommended to visit the Pulmanologist, and Pulmanologist (Indian doctor) said that for everyone from India, this is normal, but the civil surgeon pushed Pulmanologist to prescribe 9 month treatment. Same thing happened to my spouse and even for 12 year old son who was born in Canada. Is civil surgeon office playing games? Will civil surgeon process my i-693 forms now or do i need to wait till the completion of treatment?

Medical examinations verify good health and admissibility to the United States on medical grounds. The exam can identify medical conditions that require follow-up medical care after emigration to the U.S. or adjustment of status to permanent residence.

usmle step 1

Hi all! I have the same problem. TB blood test was positive, X -ray came negative. Doctor is sending me to the Health Department. She said she could sign up my I-693 form only after my treatment (which is 9 months)would be completed. I contacted my lawyer and she said that even visiting the Health Department it's not required, but recommended! Could anybody recommend me a civil surgeon in DC area ( VA,DC, MD) who can sign up the form without sending to the Health department