Family Violence

lopez1je

Registered Users (C)
I got my residence card on April/05 through a us citizen but on January/06 I was accused of family violence. Six month later I got a dismissal order after I attended a six month Anger Management class and singed a Differed Prosecution for one year that has already passed, not a Differed Adjudication. I only paid $20 to get out from jail 8 hour later. My public lawyer told me that I was found not guilty. No conviction. He said that I am able to expunge my record. I had no probation or community service. I just renewed my conditional green card and immigration did not tell me nothing. I got my 10 years card. My question is: Am I able to apply for citizenship now, or do I have to wait 5 years to apply? It has been only 2 and a half years since the problem. What Moral Character really means? If you were found not guilty, does it mean you don't have good Moral Character because of the wrongfull act?

Read through the following, that's what the adjudicators use to determine your good moral character (gmc), if anything in there prevents you from establishing gmc then contact an immigration lawyer.

Good Moral Character

Cheers.

Passport regular or expedite?

Hi Citizentobehz,

Did you apply for your passport regular or expedite? Did you receive your NC in the same envelop? Where did you apply from? I just want to know when I can expect my passport. Tks.