Family Based Greencard - Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing

chirag1966

I am on H1-B in USA since Apr.2002 and H1-B will be expiring in Apr.2008. I have approved petition I-130 filed by sister and the priority date will become current around december 2006.
My question is :
In order to get Greencard , which way is easier and simpler, Adjustment of Status in USA or Consular Processing in Home Country ?

chirag1966 said:
I am on H1-B in USA since Apr.2002 and H1-B will be expiring in Apr.2008. I have approved petition I-130 filed by sister and the priority date will become current around december 2006.
My question is :
In order to get Greencard , which way is easier and simpler, Adjustment of Status in USA or Consular Processing in Home Country ?

Since you are already here on a H1-B, it would be easier if you stick around and do your adjustment of status here.

Thanks for your answer. But, you know how long it will take to adjust the status in USA for family Based Greencard ?

Zeeman :

My priority date is : 25th May 1995
Category : F4

I do not know what to do. As I am currently in USA on H1-B, should I change my current address for my Family based green card file so that I can receive all correspondance in my USA address. Some people says it is wise not to change anything, because sometimes it delays the process. Do you know how long it will take to adjust the status within the USA for familybased greencard while on H1-B currently ? What's whole process ? if you have any idea ?
Thanks in advance.