* Family Based Green Cards - Through Marriage or a Relative

freshb

Registered Users (C)
for family based GC what r the questions they ask during the interview?

My wife,greencard holder, petitioned for my GC .her brother in law(who have citizenship)sponsering for my gc.

My priority date is current.

what are the types of questions they ask during the interview?

My wife,greencard holder, petitioned for my GC .her brother in law(who have citizenship)sponsering for my gc.
Do you mean her brother in law is a joint sponsor, for the financial requirement of the Affidavit of Support?

You said your wife is petitioning for you -- is she a permanent resident? Or citizen?

what are the types of questions they ask during the interview?
For a marriage-based GC, they can ask a wide variety of questions -- information about your relationship from how you met all the way until now and your living arrangements, and they may ask each of you personal information about the other (e.g. what is your spouse's middle name, which city was your spouse born in, etc.).

Are you inside or outside the US? If you're interviewing outside the US at a consulate, the questioning will be different because they don't expect you to be living together yet if you're outside the US, and your wife wouldn't need to be at the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so muchhhhhhhh for your concern..its great helpful .
My wife is permanent resident.the name of petitioner is my wife.she is jobless .no tax paid records.no bank balance.
Full sponser is from her sister's husband who is living in us ,a citizen?also taking care of my family.
Now i wish to know my chances and do i need to show my bank account and property?i need more advice plsssss.thank you

Im outside of usa.
My wife ,petitioner ,is permanent resident.currently staying with our 4 years son under taking care of her sister and sister's husband who is us citizen.
My wife have no tax paid. No job, no good bank balance.full sponser done by her sister's husband.
I am waiting to get my appointment letter.
I want to know what are my chances?do i need to show my bank balance and property?

You don't need to show any of your assets if your sister's husband who is the joint sponsor (your wife is still designated as the sponsor, even if she has no income) has enough income and assets to meet the I-864 requirements.

I had no difficulty getting my green card in 2007. The process went smoothly for my wife and me. and we are working in the States since :) Important is that you answer all question naturally and make an open impression.