F1 visa

fehmida

HI!
I am on a student (F1) visa in the USA. My visa expires on june 2002. It will take me at least 2 more years to graduate. I was planning on making a trip to India sometime in April, and thought of getting my visa renewed then. How easy is it get ur visa renewed now? I dont want to take the risk of applying for a renewal and being rejected, \'cos I have to complete my research here. IS it advisable to apply for a renewal at this time or not?
thanks
fehmida

Reply to FL visa

Hi,

I read your note on the renewal of F1 visa. My advise to you is dont apply for a renewal right now. The conditions between India and Pakistan are so unstable US could just stop issuing new ones regardless of your student status or not. If your Visa is expiring I suspect your I-20 would be expiring too. Make sure you contact your International Student advisor asap to find out about the procedures you need to go through to get that renewed. I had a similar issue. And my visa has expired. But due to the renewal of my I-20 for another year I am fine.

F1 to H1

Hi There
I wanted to know if any one has recently attended American Embassy at Mexico to get their F1 visa changed to H1 multiple. Could you please help me in letting me know whats the situation out there after Sept 11. Is it a good idea to go India and get the multiple stamping or is it ok to visit Mexico.

Thanks in advance