F-1 Re-Entry

tusharrawal

Registered Users (C)
:eek: Hi All

I am in problem. I am out of status from my school (F-1) and have to ren-enter USA. I am planning to go to jamaica . Somebody told me that I will not get canadian visa because I am out of status.

Does anyone in the group had same problem? Did anyone re-entered?

What are the questions which generally asked at Port of Entry? What are the chances of getting rejection?

Thanks

u will get a canadian visa u just have to show them ur current valid I20 and visa in the passport no big deal i got mine the same way.I was in a similar situation i reentered from canada no probs at all.

i was not asked anything just showed my I20 and got it stamped,but be prepared for everything ie have ur latest bank statements ,recommendations letter from ur DSO if possible,Recommendation letter from ur prof etc etc BTW why did u fall out of status

Thanks again

thanks again venky

Can you give me ur phone number or email ID so I can contact you personally.

Tushar

F1-opt Question

I completed my bachelor in december 2005. I was out of new york during november & december 2005. When I contacted international student advisor in january end of 2006 regarding filing my opt, she said that I can't file the opt anymore. She email & mail a letter to immigration respectively on Feb 7 & Feb 10 terminating my status. She is telling that I did not register to graduate or file for opt before completing the study so I lost my opt period. I was under impression that I have 90 days after completion of study to file the opt.

I don't understand how can I maintain the legal status, how can I reinstate the status. Is there anyway I can get the opt (ead card) if not for 12 months then at least even foe 6 months.

I would greatly appreciate your help/advise in my case/
Please advise.