F-1 Married to Green card holder

insearchof

Registered Users (C)
My wife is on an F-1 status married to me i am on green card status,
 what\'s the proper procedure for filing her residency???
please advise, Best regards.

My wife is on an F-1 status married to me i am on green card status,
 what\'s the proper procedure for filing her residency???
please advise, Best regards.

Need Advice

I am a US permanent resident for 4 years and 8 months. i married an illigal alien in April 2001 and file I-130 and G-325. Next month I am going to file for citizenship. My question is Do i Need to file I-130 and G-325 again and what else do i need to file for him. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
No Title

You should consult a lawyer. As far as I know she can apply for your adjustment of status but it takes years and in the meantime you are responsible for maintaining proper status in the US. So if your visa expires, you presumably will have to go home and wait for INS to process your paperwork. And I don\'t think marriage alone allows you to get EAD...

help

thank you very much for replying. you stated that marriage alone can not allow me to get EAD. so what else do i need? Thank you. ( note i don\'t have any Visa)

No Title

Again, I am not a lawyer and a lawyer is definitely the person you should be talking to. But I think you may be out of status. You can get an EAD and stay in the country if you married a US citizen, not a GC holder. You may need to go to your home country and wait till the immig. visa number becomes available. Also check INS site, they may have some useful info for you. Good luck.

No Title

Consult a lawyer since you must be out of status and you cannot get anything through your wife. Ask your lawyer about that 245i legislation, this might help you, but I dont\' know much more about it! Good luck, Jela.

The permanent resident must file I-130 with service center to begin process

the permanent resident must file I-130 with service center to begin process. when approved, the national visa center will hold the I-130 until the visa becomes available, when it will be forwarded to the office nearest where the spouse resides. When the visa becomes available, the spouse should file I-485 with local district office. Because the waivers are different for spouses of permanent residents than for spouses of US citizens, the spouse must maintain valid immigration status until the I-485 is approved. If spouse is illegal alien or out of status, good idea to contact an immigration attorney.

V-Visa

hi,

I am GC holder, would like to get marry. is it correct that there is new class of visas called V visa for the spouses of GC holders
How much time it takes to get that v visa
thanks in advance

need answer plz

i am GC holder and i have filed for my wife and i have heard that there is some change in law that after 3yrs ur wife can be here so is it true? and if it is true than how it would happen if anybody reply to me i will be very very thankful to that person. its hard to be away from ur wife. i am getting impatient so plz plz send me reply. and can i call her on H1 visa? if yes then how should i proceed? let me know thanks in advance.