Extended Review & FP Request

haplabor

Registered Users (C)
I called FBI to check if they received FP request from USCIS. I was told that USCIS requested on 02/21/08 and the request was processed on the same day. My cases is pending under "Extended Review" and it has not been more that 15 months since I was finger printed at local USCIS center. Does this mean that they are actively working on my case?

###################
I-485 RD 04/12/05
NO RFE's, no LUD's recently
pending at NSC under extended review.

Did you call the USCIS CS or got connected to NSC directly and requested if your FP were needed to be refreshed? Mine were refreshed too around 2/29/08 but I had inquired about FPs, not all but one or two IIOs voluntarily put in a request to refresh FPs which I confirmed by calling FBI and taking an InfoPass. I don't know if it means that the case is actively being worked on. The way I was explained how this FP refresh works is that an IIO puts in request and an automated process picks up such requests and sends them to FBI. FP check wasn't initiated the same day IIO promised to put in the request but took about two weeks. I have been told that my case is under "extended review".

Some related threads about "extended review", I personally think it's just red herring:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=276607
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=276167

I called 304-625-5590 directly as suggested by you in other posts. Interstingly, I connected with IO at NSC later and he told me that my file is in limbo and has not been assigned to a officer yet (for last 3 yrs, go figure!). He was going to put a request to assign my file to adjudicating officer. The status he is mentioned was just "Pending" and not assigned to officer yet. What do you make of all of this...so much conflicting information?

Talked to IIO today

I was able to get hold of an IIO finally this morning after my 03/18 LUD. She was nice and gave time to look into my case. According to her my case has been "with an adjudicator" since 03/17 and then it was "PUT ON HOLD". She could not tell me what put it on hold. She wanted me to let it go for a while and get back in 30 days unless heard. She checked all info including FP2 and said "Looks fine". Amazingly no mention of "Extended Review" that I heard repeatedly between 02/15 - 03/16.
I know I had my hope swing between +ve and -ve for all these days since November'06 whenever I talked to an IIO but this time I am without any expection.
Fellows, do you have any thing to shade on this?
Jef did you call today? if not give a shot.