• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Experts help needed

3amakmahmoud

if a family member when renewing a b1/b2 visa at the embassy, the counsler told her that she lied at the port of entry at the customs when they asked her if she will deliver her baby, and she paid all her medicals , the counsler refused renewing the visa twice, do you think if she applys and shows her medical bills they would understand? I know its not the right place to post but here is the most active people in the forum

if a family member when renewing a b1/b2 visa at the embassy, the counsler told her that she lied at the port of entry at the customs when they asked her if she will deliver her baby, and she paid all her medicals , the counsler refused renewing the visa twice, do you think if she applys and shows her medical bills they would understand? I know its not the right place to post but here is the most active people in the forum

Hi 3amakmahmoud,

I think the main concern of the CO is the record that she lied and had a baby in the U.S. I could be wrong but I don't think that providing this documentation will help much to be honest. Here is the sub forum for B visa questions http://forums.immigration.com/categories/b-and-e-visas.164/ :)

But at port of entry they told her how many months shes pregnant! They didnt ask her if she will deliver the baby in the US and she was honest with them and told them that she was at her late fifth! So what should i tell the embassy

She's had an anchor baby. She just has to wait till the baby turns 21 and can sponsor her as a parent of a
USC.
Sorry, that's the flippant version. But birth tourism is frowned on in the US. By the way, you contradicted yourself, the first post says she was indeed asked if she was going to give birth in the US, then in post 4 you say she was only asked how many months pregnant. In either case, intent to give birth in the US seems clear.
That lie may not be the only reason her later visas have been refused, of course. Now that she has a child that is a USC, she presumably has an even bigger obstacle than usual to overcome in terms of the presumption of immigrant intent.

No when applied she wasnt pregnant, and yes shes pregnant now and she has canadian visa, do u think she has to go to canada for birth and forget abt usa visa?

No I don't think she "has" to go to Canada to give birth, she can give birth at home, but I certainly think she can forget about a US visa. Apart from the above and the consequent high likelihood of being rejected, what would she plan to list as purpose of the trip? Does she need a visa for Canada and if so is she going to be truthful and say she wants to visit to have a baby there?

By the way does she realize the baby when it grows up, no matter where it lives will need to file and if necessary pay US taxes?

Here's a lawyer opinion on a similar case where the person is also going on about the fact that they paid for the medical expense:

"I knew you would say that. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. And you did violate the terms of your visa. Your terms were to come visit, not to come and have a baby. There is no right to a tourist visa. You misused and took advantage of a tourist visa in order to have a child in the U.S. so that child could have U.S. Citizenship. That was inappropriate to do. A tourist visa is given as a privilege. And even though you paid everything, you abused that privilege and they most likely would not approve you for another one. "
http://www.justanswer.com/immigration-law/7b1oz-baby-us-visitors-visa.html

She might also be interested to know that the US and Canada have an information sharing arrangement on visas/visiting in place. (Seems they don't share on green card holders, just non immigrant visas). There's a lot on the internet about it, but here's a start. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-12-13.asp
Seemingly, Canadian immigration would have access to the info that she's been refused a US visa, and presumably why. Which will be interesting when she'd obviously pregnant at the airport.

She might also be interested to know that the US and Canada have an information sharing arrangement on visas/visiting in place. (Seems they don't share on green card holders, just non immigrant visas). There's a lot on the internet about it, but here's a start. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-12-13.asp
Seemingly, Canadian immigration would have access to the info that she's been refused a US visa, and presumably why. Which will be interesting when she'd obviously pregnant at the airport.
Wow, thanks for the whole info! It seems you know alot about these stuff! I dont know really, ill pass all the info as far as i know, she already had another appointment! I dont know really!

You
No when applied she wasnt pregnant, and yes shes pregnant now and she has canadian visa, do u think she has to go to canada for birth and forget abt usa visa?

So basically she's visa shopping to find a place to give birth. The canny CO knew what she was after and denied her. Don't expect a different result. She's on record now as a dishonest person. The Canadians will see the denials and the reason why.

Best she make plans to birth in her own country. And start being honest.

You

So basically she's visa shopping to find a place to give birth. The canny CO knew what she was after and denied her. Don't expect a different result. She's on record now as a dishonest person. The Canadians will see the denials and the reason why.

Best she make plans to birth in her own country. And start being honest.

This.

Also, the purpose of this forum is not to help give advice on how to evade visa regulations/intentions, but we're more than happy to point out how badly things can go wrong for those who try to do so ;)