Expedited Passport

I found from their website that my passport is in routine processing though applied and paid for as expedite. Spoke with customer service rep: was told that the website always shows "routine", and was assured that if the correct fee was paid processing will be "expedite".

You know, my status online changed to expedited after one week. I have talked to a rep today and was told that passport is in the process of printing but no clue on how long it will take. He sent an email while we were on the phone asking the agency to hurry as i paid the fee for it.

Got my Passport within 9days :p ...

Don't Forget * TIPS/Tricks 4 US PASSPORT + Q & A's. Click Me

-oo0---(_)-0oo---
. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
N 400 Filed.....................Mid Sept 06
FP Completed.................Mid OCT 06
IL Received....................APR 27th 07
IL Scheduled..................JUN 7th 07
N 445 Received...............JUN 13th 07
Oath Ceremony..............JUL 10th 07 :cool: *** US Citizen *** :cool:
SSA Change Of Status.....JUL 10th 07 "Took 5 Mins"
Passport Applied.............JUL 10th 07 "2way Overnight + Expedited = $190"
ePassport Received.........JUL 19th 07 "9 Days! Very Impressing"
Certificate Of Naturalization Received...........JUL 21 Journey Over! :cool:

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

You know, my status online changed to expedited after one week. I have talked to a rep today and was told that passport is in the process of printing but no clue on how long it will take. He sent an email while we were on the phone asking the agency to hurry as i paid the fee for it.

Same with my status online: changed to expedited after a week.

Prime example: Tomorrow I step into sixth week with expedited service.:(

:) My wife had received hers during her 6th week. My theory is that I sent several emails, asking for a refund on my Expedite service and maybe that triggered the process.

Any recent expedited passport received?

Applied 7/25/07 (expedite @ Fremont, CA post office) and waiting
Passport tracking number is 31xxxxxxxx

6 days in passport

Hello all,
I recieved my three year old daughters passport in 6 days.
I did not expect that. Applied under expedited in Alpharetta Ga on Wed and recieved it by next tuesday in an express mail envelop with birth certificate also.:)
I was very surprised the delivery came from New Orleans office.
thanks
Raj

That's all folks..

Got this automated email, " ......You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 08/05/2007."

Yeah:D ....It took 6+ weeks. Thank God finally its done.

passport appln tracking number

For people who got passports recently, please post first two digits mentioned in the website (as given in http://passport.state.gov/). The number is 9 digits usually (if not, pad with 0). E.g., mine is 31xxxxxxx [presumably, Charleston, SC] from the tips & tricks website mentioned above.

Naturalization Certificate??

Got my passport today!! But Nat. Certificate didn't make it with the mail. Hope they didn't loose it? Any idea how to go about it?

Got my passport today!! But Nat. Certificate didn't make it with the mail. Hope they didn't loose it? Any idea how to go about it?

They started sending it separately as I gather from this forum. Did you apply expedited or regular. How long did it take from application to receipt of passport? Did you get E-passport?

Thank you.

They started sending it separately as I gather from this forum. Did you apply expedited or regular. How long did it take from application to receipt of passport? Did you get E-passport?

Thank you.

Hope so. It took 6 weeks and 2 days with expedited service. It is an E-passport.

That seems to have become standard practice now. I got my naturalization certificate separately 3-4 days later. While the passport arrived by express mail the certificate was mailed first class in a flimsy brown envelope.

-KM

That seems to have become standard practice now. I got my naturalization certificate separately 3-4 days later. While the passport arrived by express mail the certificate was mailed first class in a flimsy brown envelope.

-KM

So, it sounds that paying extra for overnight delivery just to protect naturalization certificate (pending travel is a different matter of course) becomes meaningless? In other words if I pay for overnight delivery then they use it only for passport, but the natz certificate will come first class regardless? Please, confirm those who ordered overnight delivery and got their natz certificate separately. Thank you.

Yep, you got it. Not only Naturalization Certificate came in a flimsy brown envelope without "Do Not Bend" stamp, it was folded in half. Oh, the bonus: second passport picture was included.

Also, there is no way to track express mail if you received tracking number while applying at the post office. They mail passport from different facility, so the label you filled is used neither for the passport nor for the certificate.

Mailed N400 09/15/06
RD 09/18/06
PD 09/18/06
ND 09/26/06
FP notice 09/29/06
FP 10/10/06
InfoPass 02/13/07
Service request 04/20/07
Interview notice 04/30/07
Interview 06/26/07
Oath notice 06/28/07
Oath 07/23/07
Passport applied 07/23/07
Passport received 08/06/07

Yep, you got it. Not only Naturalization Certificate came in a flimsy brown envelope without "Do Not Bend" stamp, it was folded in half. Oh, the bonus: second passport picture was included.

Mine was folded too but fortunately my mailbox is spacious enough that it did not put a permanent crease on the certificate. Also my mailbox sits outside exposed to the elements and sometimes when it rains hard my mail gets wet. On the day the certificate showed up we had a major thunderstorm but fortunately the flimsy brown envelope was spared. So my certificate is still as good as new except for the staple holes that the State Dept. people apparently put in it while my passport was being processed.

-KM

Last edited by a moderator:
NPIC call experience

I applied on 7/25/07 (expedited) and still have not received passport. It is being processed at Charlseston (tracking number #31xxxxxxx).

I am travelling next week (Aug 16th) so I called the 1-877-487-2778 number @ about 8.30 PM Pacific (11.30 PM Eastern). I was surprised that I was speaking with a live person within a couple of minutes. She said that she would send an 'urgent' request noting my travel date. I hope this does the trick. She asked to call back Monday (Aug 13th) if I still don't have the passport.

We applied for 3 passports (expedited service, no overnight delivery) right after oath ceremony:

PP AD - 08/08/2007