Expedited Passport

it said:

"When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. "

We use prepaid overnight envelop so it can be tracked (it is our citizenship certificate and passport for God's sake, I don't want them to get lost on the way back). I am calling the 877 number but it is taking forever to hold. :mad:

Don't worry...mine said that same thing and I had paid for overnight delivery.

When I checked it again, it did change to say the following:

Thank you for submitting your passport application!

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxx.

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/06/2007.

Thank you for the note, happigal. :)

This is also what I figured after I did some research in this forum. BTW, the phone calls never went thru as the volume was too high so my calls were all disconnected.

I will continue being patient and check the status later this week.

Don't worry...mine said that same thing and I had paid for overnight delivery.

When I checked it again, it did change to say the following:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/06/2007.

I just checked the passport site just for the hell of it. It's only been like 2 weeks since I sent away my passport and that wasn't the expediated one either. I didn't think I'd hear back for about 2 months anyways. Of course I'm not in the system. But it does say that the expediated ones are now taking about 3-4 weeks, while the regular ones are taking around 10 weeks to process now.

Generally this time of year is the bussiest and so while the rest of the year may be a lot shorter, this time of year is not. So nothing anyone can do, but just wait...

Hi warlord,

I also applied normal processing on Feb 23 but have not seen any notice on the status yet. Please post when you see it appear on the system.
Also has you check been cashed? Mine has not yet and it is almost 2 weeks since i applied.

It appears that the passport application now is taking much longer (3 to 4 weeks) for expedited. I am wondering whether this processing time applies to application sent while the timeline was stating 2 weeks. My online status says that I should receive it on or about 3/11. I am not sure whether this date will hold in the realm of this new processing pattern. Anybody applied recently expedited has received his/her passport?
Luckyyy--Did you receive your passport?
----------
02/24/2007: applied for passport (expedited)
03/02/2007: Online status appeared
03/11/2007: Expected delivery ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi warlord,

I also applied normal processing on Feb 23 but have not seen any notice on the status yet. Please post when you see it appear on the system.
Also has you check been cashed? Mine has not yet and it is almost 2 weeks since i applied.

Nope hasn't been cashed as of yet, so been a couple of weeks so far (2 I think), so it'll probably take another few weeks before it even gets cashed I'm thinking. I am thinking I'll get the passport in maybe May or early June is my guess...

Delay!

Status updated with this message:

Your application is still being processed, but the timesframe for issuing your passport has increased due to workload.

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/12/2007.

Thank you for the note, happigal. :)

This is also what I figured after I did some research in this forum. BTW, the phone calls never went thru as the volume was too high so my calls were all disconnected.

I will continue being patient and check the status later this week.

Nope hasn't been cashed as of yet, so been a couple of weeks so far (2 I think), so it'll probably take another few weeks before it even gets cashed I'm thinking. I am thinking I'll get the passport in maybe May or early June is my guess...

OK, I guess they are just taking long to process and it is typical to 2+ weeks just to cash checks. I am hoping to get my PP by mid April as I was thinking of traveling in May.

It appears that the passport application now is taking much longer (3 to 4 weeks) for expedited. I am wondering whether this processing time applies to application sent while the timeline was stating 2 weeks. My online status says that I should receive it on or about 3/11. I am not sure whether this date will hold in the realm of this new processing pattern. Anybody applied recently expedited has received his/her passport?
Luckyyy--Did you receive your passport?
----------
02/24/2007: applied for passport (expedited)
03/02/2007: Online status appeared
03/11/2007: Expected delivery ??

I did...I got mine on 3/6/07 which was actually 2 days earlier than it was scheduled for delivery. :)

My timeline:

Passport application expedited: 02/21/2007
Passport application received: 02/22/2007
Online status appeared: 03/02/2007
Passport arrived: 03/06/2007

I did...I got mine on 3/6/07 which was actually 2 days earlier than it was scheduled for delivery. :)

My timeline:

Passport application expedited: 02/21/2007
Passport application received: 02/22/2007
Online status appeared: 03/02/2007
Passport arrived: 03/06/2007

Congrats Happigal! You applied right on time, just a week before the new processing timeframe! I applied 3 days after you, and the online status now says I should get it on 03/14. 3 more days than expected, but I can live with that! I just hope they'll honor this timeframe:) . Thanks for replying Happigal!

What is the current online status of yours?

Hi, medievalKnight, is your online status also saying that "Your application is still being processed, but the timesframe for issuing your passport has increased due to workload"?

Also, will appreciate it if you could update your status here once you see the status change to that they've mailed the passport out to you. I'd do the same here too. I applied 2 days after you.

Here is what I am seeing right now:

Your application is still being processed, but the timesframe for issuing your passport has increased due to workload.

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.

This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/12/2007.

Congrats Happigal! You applied right on time, just a week before the new processing timeframe! I applied 3 days after you, and the online status now says I should get it on 03/14. 3 more days than expected, but I can live with that! I just hope they'll honor this timeframe:) . Thanks for replying Happigal!

Birh Cert. for Pasport

:confused:

My wife do not have a BC. She has an affidavit. Do we need a BC at all ?. Since we have a Nat. Cert. I thought BC is not req. Plase someone confirm

:confused:
My wife do not have a BC. She has an affidavit. Do we need a BC at all ?. Since we have a Nat. Cert. I thought BC is not req. Plase someone confirm

I applied this week (expedited) right after the natz ceremony -- it was in a court house which was also an acceptance facility. All you need is the natz certificate (it has your photo & signature). Take your drivers license & check book along.

I applied this week (expedited) right after the natz ceremony -- it was in a court house which was also an acceptance facility. All you need is the natz certificate (it has your photo & signature). Take your drivers license & check book along.

Thank you feuerfrei

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, medievalKnight, is your online status also saying that "Your application is still being processed, but the timesframe for issuing your passport has increased due to workload"?[/I]

Here is what my status displays:

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is ********.

This means your passport should be mailed via Priority Mail on or about 03/14/2007.
I'll keep you posted with changes in the status.
Cheers!

Got the passport today!

It was a pleasant surprise when usps woke me up this morning. I thought it'd be sometime next week for me to receive the passport. But here it is - an awesome passport in my hand! :D (The online status is still saying the same as before though - I guess they don't always update it when they finish processing it).

Anyway, medievalKnight, I am sure you will receive yours very very soon! :)

Good luck to everyone!

Here is what my status displays:

Your passport application is in the final processing stages.

Your passport application locator number is ********.

This means your passport should be mailed via Priority Mail on or about 03/14/2007.
I'll keep you posted with changes in the status.
Cheers!

Still waiting on the passport. I applied on overnight delivery bothways. I applied on Feb 22nd, 2007. Still no status is showing online. This is really testing my patience. I need to travel to India in April 2007.
Hopefully I get PIO immediately.

Expedited passport delays.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html
The following is a night mare and this is due to hefty travel requirements because of the new changes where it became mandatory. Americans typically apply passports between feb -april and these are hefty days. Interestingly the applications via expedited has become 4 weeks processing time. I hope they don't learn from USCIS to increase more fees for the overtime.

If you apply And Choose You will receive your passport within about

At a Passport Acceptance Facility*

or

By Mail (for renewal, additional pages, and amendment)
Routine Service 10 Weeks**
Expedited Service

Plus Overnight delivery service for:

Sending your application and Returning your passport to you
3-4 Weeks***

It was a pleasant surprise when usps woke me up this morning. I thought it'd be sometime next week for me to receive the passport. But here it is - an awesome passport in my hand! :D (The online status is still saying the same as before though - I guess they don't always update it when they finish processing it).

Anyway, medievalKnight, I am sure you will receive yours very very soon! :)

Good luck to everyone!
Luckyyy, thanks for the update! My online status says that it has mailed to me as well.

My Passport Timeline

Became a US citizen: 3/1/07 (see here for my full citizenship timeline)

Applied for Passport: 3/2/07, with expedited processing at King Country Courthouse, Redmond, WA

Check cashed: 3/9/07

Online status appeared: 3/9/07

Status changed to Passort "has been mailed to you by priority mail": 3/10/07

Passport received: ?