Expedited Passport

Waiting for the passport online status

Sent passport application: 02/22/07
Agency received application: ?
Checks cashed: ?
Online status appeared:???
Passport will arrive: ??

We are in same boat, i applied in 2/22 and the online status still not appeared.
Did you apply expedited or routine? I applied on 02/24/2007 and my online status has appeared on 03/02/2007. It states that I should receive it on or about 03/11/2007.

also waiting for online status

applied expediated at usps:

Sent passport application: 02/26/07
Agency received application: 02/27/07
Checks cashed: 03/02/07
Online status appeared: ?
Passport will arrive: ?

Will update the status if any.

Anyone who applied lately, please share your info. Thanks in advance! :)

Agency received application: 02/23/07

Wow... You applied a few days earlier and still no status. I guess I should be a little bit more patient. :(

Any plan to call them if still no status until later this week?

Update...

I received my passport today. It is the new type with the RFID in it. Looks awesome! :D

All in all, it took 13 days from sending in the application to receiving the passport. Again, this is with expedited processing.

Hang in there everyone, you'll get your passport very soon I'm sure. :)

Congratulations! :)

I am so looking forward to seeing my online status within the week.

Update...

I received my passport today. It is the new type with the RFID in it. Looks awesome! :D

All in all, it took 13 days from sending in the application to receiving the passport. Again, this is with expedited processing.

Hang in there everyone, you'll get your passport very soon I'm sure. :)

online status show today!

U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application!

Your passport application locator number is *********.
We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/07/2007.

Online status appeared: 03/06/07
Passport will arrive: 03/07/07

Congratulations and thanks for the update.

May I ask what time you checked the status online and found it available? I check 3 times every day: in the morning, in the afternoon and at night. I guess I should be a little bit more patient? :cool:

online status show today!

U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application!

Your passport application locator number is *********.
We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/07/2007.

Online status appeared: 03/06/07
Passport will arrive: 03/07/07

oh puleese U.S. citizens, it is not USCIS you are dealing with anymore! just relax and get on with your life, your passports are going to arrive around the predicted time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey newdawn....chill out ok? What the heck is wrong with your attitude anyway??? Seems like you are always getting up on the wrong side of the bed :eek: :D

You might be pi**ed off with USCIS with regards to your timeline of how things are progressing for your N400 but you certainly don't have to take it out on people who are done and are just anxious about getting their passports.

If you don't have anything nice to say or have nice thoughts, it might be best not to say anything at all. :)

That is true. We have paid an expedited fee with Passport agency. The expedited processing in passport agency was fast. Now they are also slow. But they are 1000+ times faster than the USCIS. Waiting for a status update on the website. I sent a questionnaire and i got a response to check after 2-3 days.

I applied on Feb 21 right after my oath at 1:30 pm at the SFO passport agency (had taken an appointment 10 days earlier). Got the passport on Feb 22nd at 11am. Costed me a total of $157.

If we apply in person at a passport agency would one naturalization certificate (mine) be enough to apply for me and my minor Son simultaneously?

I understand when you mail the application from USPS you cannot do this, you would need to wait till you get back your passport and original naturalization certificate and then apply all over again.

If you are applying at the Passport Agency your naturalization certificate will be enough but you will also need your son's birth cirtificate and green card. You should check and make sure you have all the required documents before you go for your appointment. Passport agency people verifiy the documents and returns it back to you immediately at the time of your appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
online status appeared today, but

it said:

"When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. "

We use prepaid overnight envelop so it can be tracked (it is our citizenship certificate and passport for God's sake, I don't want them to get lost on the way back). I am calling the 877 number but it is taking forever to hold. :mad:

all right ok...

Ok ok, I hear you, and you are the second one to point out, I was only trying to tell people to relax and get out of the "dealing with USCIS" mode. I don't think it came across very well. I guess I will just go silent as my posts are hurting people's feelings.:eek:

Hey newdawn....chill out ok? What the heck is wrong with your attitude anyway??? Seems like you are always getting up on the wrong side of the bed :eek: :D

You might be pi**ed off with USCIS with regards to your timeline of how things are progressing for your N400 but you certainly don't have to take it out on people who are done and are just anxious about getting their passports.

If you don't have anything nice to say or have nice thoughts, it might be best not to say anything at all. :)

I understand newdawn's frustration. It seems that San Jose is moving extremely slow nowadays related to interview scheduling, and the wait is quite unnerving. All said, his post was not particularly offensive, a bit edgy might be, but he was just stating the obvious that the passport processing is way more predictable and reliable than N-400. All in all, congratulations to everyone who's got citizenship recently and whose only worry is to wait around for the passport to show up :) Wish us luck in our lengthy wait for interview scheduling in San Jose.

I just checked the passport site just for the hell of it. It's only been like 2 weeks since I sent away my passport and that wasn't the expediated one either. I didn't think I'd hear back for about 2 months anyways. Of course I'm not in the system. But it does say that the expediated ones are now taking about 3-4 weeks, while the regular ones are taking around 10 weeks to process now.

Generally this time of year is the bussiest and so while the rest of the year may be a lot shorter, this time of year is not. So nothing anyone can do, but just wait...