Excellent Stamping experience at SJ

maliki

Registered Users (C)
Wanted to share my stamping experience at SJ,

06/15 Approved self and spouse
07/10 Asked lawyer to make appointment through AILA, sent check ($10 per person)
7/14 Appointment flier recieved via email for appointment on 7/16
07/16 Went for stamping at 1:00pm (appointment at 1:30)
Was out by 2:30, no hassles very courteous staff and totally painless experience

Would recommend this to everybody for stamping at SJ

maliki

Congratulations...!!!!!!!
Can you please let me know what is the procedure for getting the appointment for stamping. Whom to contact and how to get it.
Thanks
Kishore.

did you use the courtsey copy of the approval ?

maliki said:
Wanted to share my stamping experience at SJ,

06/15 Approved self and spouse
07/10 Asked lawyer to make appointment through AILA, sent check ($10 per person)
7/14 Appointment flier recieved via email for appointment on 7/16
07/16 Went for stamping at 1:00pm (appointment at 1:30)
Was out by 2:30, no hassles very courteous staff and totally painless experience

Would recommend this to everybody for stamping at SJ

maliki

My I-551 stamping experience at SJ today:

Reached CIS, San Jose @ 4.45AM. After the flag hoisting, we were allowed to get inside the building. Collected the tocket number, there were 16 people ahead of me.

We were called @ 9:15AM, the rep collected my AP, EAD, I-94 and the I-485 approval notice (Courtesy Notice). Passport stamped with 1 yr validity.

do we need to be Santa Clara county resident?

my lawyer tells me that we need to be Santa Clara county resident to seek an appointment at the Monterey road USCIS. Is this true?

Could you please post the contact number for your lawyer?

My inept lawyer is not aware of the procedure to get an appointment. Could one of you post your lawyer's contact info so that I can use him/her to get an appointment at San Jose? You can email me offline at adabas@hotmail.com

Regards

Every AILA member is able to do this. visit www.aila.org, call couple of them.

seeking GC said:
My inept lawyer is not aware of the procedure to get an appointment. Could one of you post your lawyer's contact info so that I can use him/her to get an appointment at San Jose? You can email me offline at adabas@hotmail.com

Regards

I did email AILA....

AILA's website doesn't show their members or contact info. I did send them a email and left a telephonice message with no response. Its now a couple of days.

Spoke to a AILA lawyer just now.....

Spoke to a AILA referred lawyer. His reply. "There is no way you can get an appointment scheduled for stamping at San Jose". Ignorance seems to be a virtue.

There still should be a way to get appointment, if not through AILA. Because there does seem to be a appointment line. Did you try calling SJ Office to check if you can take apt. Standing in line at 5:00AM sounds ridiculous. It reminds me of standing in line overnite at the chennai consulate for visa.

I took both the copies, the original (from lawyer) and also the courtesy copy,
For the appointment info, Have your lawyer contact the local AILA representative and they will be able to help them out, I don' think AILA will respond unless the inquiry comes from an AILA member

maliki

Last edited by a moderator:
What time is an appointment???

my lawyer got an appointment (in an email) using aila. He says there is no time in the email. Do you what time should we have to go?

appreciate any help

My appointment time was at 1:30

My appointment time was at 1:30 and I saw a bunch of people showed up at that time for stamping also, hope this helps

maliki

Stamping at SJ when Approval notice said another office

I got the I-551 stamping done at SJ along with my spouse.Reading other posts in the forum I stood in the appointment line but had to go back to the regular line. They are checking for the appointment confirmation with time and date on it.

I also was slated for a different office. While giving you the token they will ask where you live. Tell them that you live in Santa Clara county and have already filed the AR-11. They asked some proof from me and I said I already filed the AR-11 ..that did it. No more questions on it.

SJ office works Mon to Fri but they close at 12.00 P.M on thurs...so my guess they let in much less people on Thurs so be an early bird on that day if you go.

my spouse went to SJ at 12:30 pm (appointment time 1:30), she was out at 12:55 pm.

they took just one ADIT photo (among other usual things)

Appointment needed or not for SJ

All,
Please help. Some people recommend me to go at 4.00!!!
Can we get an appointment. Else which line in SJ do we need to stand in. We don't want to go at 4.00 and stand in the wrong line.

Help!!!

appointment at san jose

So,

there are two types of lawyers out there - those ones who know how to get
an appointment for you and those who don't.

If your lawyer happens to be the former, you can get your stamping done at
your lunch break. But if your lawyer is the latter, you wake up before dawn.
That's it? Is that how it works?

In case your lawyer is the latter, can't you ask another lawyer who knows
how to get one for you to do that?