Establishing date of USA exit

sand500

Registered Users (C)
My wifes mom is here on a visit. We applied for a extension of stay but so far it has neither been approved nor rejected. We have decided that she should leave USA because otherwise there is a chance her 10 year visa would get cancelled (in case she overstays and the extension request gets denied).

How can we make sure to document the fact that she left the country before her I94 expried? Of course, the I94 will be taken by the airline and this is one way but is there anythins else we can do to establish that she left the USA on time?

Can the US VISIT machines be used for this purpose? Somebody told me that she should go to the US VISIT machine and give her passport anf fingerprint to establish her date of exit.

Are these US VISIT machines available at JFK in New York?

Usa Consulate

My wifes mom is here on a visit. We applied for a extension of stay but so far it has neither been approved nor rejected. We have decided that she should leave USA because otherwise there is a chance her 10 year visa would get cancelled (in case she overstays and the extension request gets denied).

How can we make sure to document the fact that she left the country before her I94 expried? Of course, the I94 will be taken by the airline and this is one way but is there anythins else we can do to establish that she left the USA on time?

Can the US VISIT machines be used for this purpose? Somebody told me that she should go to the US VISIT machine and give her passport anf fingerprint to establish her date of exit.

Are these US VISIT machines available at JFK in New York?

Another way, she can make a copy of her I94 and as soon as she arrives back in her home country, she can go with her passport and the copied I 94 to the USA Consulate and have note her return back to her country.. Although her I94 being taken on her departure, should be enough. but for peace of mind you can do that as well.