entering us pregnant

preggy

Registered Users (C)
they say ignorance of the law excuses no one.i enter usa on my 4 months of pregnancy.my husband and i get married here in cnada.my husband is a green card holder and i only have a working permit here in canada and still applying for my permanent residence status here in canada.then i got pregnant then i quit my job because i have difficulty on my pregnancy and decided to visit my husband in NY.i have a 10 year multiple tourist visa.its only my 3rd time visiting us.i enter jfk poe with no question at all they gave me 6months to stay.but since i have difficulty on my pregnancy my husband and i decided to go to the hospital for check up and the nurses and social worker in the hospital assist me on how to apply for medicaid so that i will not be paying for anything.the people from the hospital know that i dont have papers in usa and i was not working and my husband is only a waiter ,so they did everything to assist me on how to get a medicaid so that i wont be paying anything.everything go perfect.then one time my husband and i decided to have a long drive to visit my relatives in toronto,cnada.we stay there for 4days and decided to go back to NY.i live here in aLBERTA,canada which is 4hours fly from toronto canada.when we enter the buffalo,ny poe the officer of course stop us.it was the worst day on my life i was pregnant and i was shaking inside the office.the officer ask us what is our relationsip and we told them the truth.i was interrogated for 3 hours,they check my bag and all of my papers.they found out my expired plane ticket,my ny medicaid benefit and the baby to be,the officer said that it is a fraud,THAT THEY MIGHT GONNA BLACKLIST ME IN ENTERING USA FOREVER OR FOR 10 YEARS AND that i should not have any benefits because i am only a tourist.they also found out my prenatal vitamins.and they ask me alot of questions and my husband to.they told to my husband thay he might gonna lost hes green card because what he is doing is smuggling and human trafficking.then after the 3hours interrogation they do finger print(10 fingers) and picture for me and sent me back to canada,they also gave a letter to the canadian poe a letter that i was refused entry to usa.one of the officer told me that if i attempt to enter usa again i should have my immigrant visa already.what does it mean / DOES IT MEAN THAT THEY ALREADY CANCEL MY 10 YEARS TOURIST MULTIPLE VISA WITHOUT TELLING ME? I DIDNOT SIGN ANY PAPERS AND THEY GAVE ME A PAPER STATING THAT I do not appear to be clearly admisssible to US at this point of time as a visitor and that i did not satissfy the us official REGARDING MY INTENTIONS.please help me.i want to visit usa again after i gave birth here in canada and our house ins only 35 minutes drive from the us border...do i still have achance to visit usa using my tuorisst visa or they already cancel it without telling me...

By using Medicaid, you became a public charge. This is one reason for refusing entry to the US; they did what is required by law.

Check your passport to see if you visa was revoked. Your contact and denial of entry is on record no matter what is stamped in your passport.

I would expect based on your recitation of the border officer's statements that your visa has been revoked. You could check with an attorney to see how best to determine your status.

Since your husband has only a green card, once he files for your GC, you will have a significant wait for a visa number. Once he files, you will not qualify as a visitor as you will have demonstrated that you have immigrant intent.

Whatever you do, if you ever plan to live in the US, do NOT enter the US illegally. It could forever keep you from entering the US to live or visit.

If you plan to live as a family, your husband should immigrate to Canada and you make your home there.

thanks for the reply. i remember now that i also signed two papers before they do finger printing and pictures for me.i dont even remember what papers are they because i was so nervous and tense at that time.and the officer from the border dont care if u are pregnant, i think they also dont care if u lost your baby because of the way they talk and shout on you .and they dont stamped anything on my passport.although i dont have the intention to gave birth in the usa because i know i have all the benefits here in cnada,i cannot convince the officer anymore,although its ther job that why i understand them too...

i am not a cnadian citizen yet, but i have the full health coverage here in canda.i just made a mistake by taking that medicaid...i am just wondering why the officer told me on the POE that i can only enter usa again if i have the immigrnt visa(green card maybe) .i assume that they already canceled my 10 years tourist visa without telling me although they did not put any mark on my passport.is this mean that i cannot apply for a visitors visa anymore.im only a pr here in cnda.

Your husband has a green card therefore you are deemed to have immigrant intent therefore you do not qualify for a visitors visa. Your husband will have to visit you in Canada; he can take the baby back to the US as a green card holder and the baby would receive a green card. Even though the baby would have a green card, you still could not enter the US without a visa.

If you are a well educated person, you could apply for a guest worker visa and hope for luck in the lottery.

As I said before, your husband should move to Canada if you intend to live as a family any time soon.

You realize had you NOT taken advantage of the US health care programs for poor citizens and LPRs, you would not be in this condition. You have no one to blame but yourself.

to concerned4us...
i dont blame anybody...i just feel so ignorant because i dont know about the laws. thanks for the advice i really appreciate it...maybe i will just stay here in canda and goodbye america for now...i lost my hope already in coming back to america

Your husband is a GC holder; he should have understood the laws pertaining to that status. The requirements of that are well known and quite strict. The hospital people were making sure that they would be paid; they were not expecting that you would leave the country. The proper thing to do would have been to declined their offer to enroll you in Medicaid; your husband should have understood this.

I am sorry that you are going to suffer because you received very poor advice; unfortunately, current US opinions (myself included) are in favor of strictly applying US law when it comes to unauthorized individuals receiving Medicaid. I suggest you discuss your future options with an attorney. Catholic Charities has free or low cost services for immigration problems. I do not know if there is some way to repay Medicaid and be then eligible again. Only an attorney is qualified to search case law for your specific situation; your circumstances as you described are somewhat unique.