• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Entering to US after receiving DV visa

dragoman

Registered Users (C)
on the form DSP 230 there is a question asking the family members' name who will follow the petitioner at a later date or accompany him/her now. From this question I understand that after getting DV visa family members can enter to US separately (but petitioner must enter first). In this case petitioner and family members will be provided by the consulate separate envelopes for immigration at POE..Do I understand right..?

on the form DSP 230 there is a question asking the family members' name who will follow the petitioner at a later date or accompany him/her now. From this question I understand that after getting DV visa family members can enter to US separately (but petitioner must enter first). In this case petitioner and family members will be provided by the consulate separate envelopes for immigration at POE..Do I understand right..?

Dragoman,

İ checked DV visa of my friend where her hasband is accompanied her and she was the petitioner. so on her hasbands visa, it is clearly noted that on part Validity:clearance must be with petitioner. it is what i saw on visa but may be there is another option according to request of visa to the consoler officer.

Did someone have experience with Petitioner must enter first?. I was told that petitoner could enter later after beneficiary.

You can either enter the US together with the petitioner or the petitioner enters first and you follow later on, but you can't get in before the petitioner.