Enq. on my wife's case

StillPatient

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Received the resp. to the enq. on my wife's case intiated in the beg. of Jan yesterday. Says "Background check open" wait for 6 months. Mine got approved on Jan 11th.

Last time when I had called (Jan-end) using POJ, I/O had said such "USCIS Background checks usually take 30-60 days".

Comments/thoughts.

-Still

Well, you can light up that notice and throw it in trash....since it's old info.....on FBI Namecheck....

As per the new USCIS namecheck guidelines, just wait until March 10....for the rule to be completely implemented....

Hi All,

Received the resp. to the enq. on my wife's case intiated in the beg. of Jan yesterday. Says "Background check open" wait for 6 months. Mine got approved on Jan 11th.

Last time when I had called (Jan-end) using POJ, I/O had said such "USCIS Background checks usually take 30-60 days".

Comments/thoughts.

-Still

Hi Still,

Believe it or not but I am in the same boat yet. I got my GC 5 months ago and am yet waiting for my wife's approval. We called TSC a couple to times and got to know that she is stuck due to FBI name check. Now with the new Memo from USCIS, I was hoping that by March 10th she would get approved. The status is still pending though. Am really furstrated !!!!

Any other updates on your wife's case lately ?

Thanks!
Navneet

Navneet & Still please keep in mind that VISA Numbers should be avaliable for your category ... if your EB2 India category you could expect it in April well depending on your Priority Date....hoping that category will be avaliable in april.....