Employer doesn't pay what's on employer letter

oceanne

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview in Montreal in July and receive my green card in August 2002. For the past years I assumed that once I get the GC my employer will give me the salary he mentioned in the notorized employment letter. But he told me he never promised me to pay this amount. He want's to increase my salary but he doesn't agree to pay what's on the employer letter. There is 4000$ difference between what he will give me and what he told the immigration.

Is the employer obligated to pay the salary he mentionned in the employer letter that I presented at the interview?

If so what can I do?

thank you

similar problem with more twists.

Hello,

I have a similar problem with following issues: my employer is not paying me what he has promised on h1b documents. two clauses are there in the agreement i have signed with him, in India : 1. if i leave his co. before 2years i have to pay arouond 15,000.00 USD. , and 2. I can not join any middle man / vendor he has placed me with for 1 year after leaving him.

now since he has never payed me what he has promised, i want to join a middle man. what problems can I have?

can i go ahead and join the middle man on only this ground ? ('not paying promised salary')

Plz. advice.

Thanks in advance.

k.