Emloyment based GC and never worked

bennydepp

Hello,

I am asking this on behalf of my best friend who has got his GC via his employer. The issue is that roughly 6 months after he was given the GC, he quit the job. And until today he never worked since and lived out of his savings.

Is that an issue?

P.S. - He has about 1000 days of physical presence, a lot of trips none longer than 180 days.
P.P.S - thank you for being so helpful here:)

He should be OK! Unemployment doesn't preclude anyone from becoming a citizen. They may ask him how he is supporting himself and his family. He should be ready to answer this question.

There shouldn't be an issue regarding his trips outside the US. My suggestion is to pay close attention to the date stamps and ensure the information on the application form is consistent with his passport. May not be bad idea to memorize the dates of his trips either.

Hello,

I am asking this on behalf of my best friend who has got his GC via his employer. The issue is that roughly 6 months after he was given the GC, he quit the job. And until today he never worked since and lived out of his savings.

Is that an issue?

P.S. - He has about 1000 days of physical presence, a lot of trips none longer than 180 days.
P.P.S - thank you for being so helpful here:)

Did he get citizenship ?