Emergency trip to India

ashishgoyal

Dear All,

I have heard great things about this forum and I hope I get a prompt reply on the same. Here is my situation

I have a H1B visa (have been in the country for over 4 years) and have approved extension for H1. My VISA stamping on the passport expired in jan 2003 - but I have an approved extenstion from my current employer.

I need to go to india on Sept 10 for 7 days for a family emergency. What are my options?

Can I get the new visa extension stamped here in US by then?
Should I get the visa extension stamped in New Delhi? ( I would be there only for 6 - 7 working days - do they have any special for urgent travel/emergency visit)?

What are my options
:confused:

Thanks all for prompt responses!!!

Ashish Goyal

Getting your passport stamped in India is the only option here (Unless you have Advance Parole approved). Since you are already in H1 visa, you can use drop-box method and you should get it in less than 10 business days. You will have to wait in India until you get your passport stamped.
8 months ago when I went to India, when I used the dro-box method, it took only 4 business days to get the passport back, with the new stamp.

Good Luck,
4drs.

what are my options?

Hi All
I sent my PP to St. Louis for reval on Aug4th. I am planning to travel to India on Sept 14th. And I faxed DC office to withdraw my application on August 26th.
But today(sept 2nd) when I call DC office to findout abt my app status, they said they haven't received my application yet from St. Louis.
Is there anyway I can findout where my application is and how I can get back my PP.
Is there a number for St. Louis office, to find out abt my application.

thanks in advance
xyz987

You can try calling up or email or have somebody go in person to the delhi consulate to give you an appt. the day you land.

worth a shot!