EMC Cases - Please Post Details

NOF

Doesnt NOF mean that they are waiting for the response, that is why they have a final action date, if they dont hear anything from EMC by then, its only then that the labor would be denied.

NOF\'s and Big Company Layoff\'s

Hi Rahul,
I have been browsing your posts at immig.com.
You seem to have the latest info access to INS cases. Is there any chance of finding out how many cases Compaq has filed and is in what status ? I too amm affected similar to the EMC case and am in Compaq. Any info will be greatly apprecieated
thanks

Updates ?

Rahul, I am not sure if you are asking me. But hey I will reply anyway. HR / Attorneys only update so far is.. Filed in Mar 2001 at state and Federal in May 2001. Plus the fact that all CPQ cases are in the "Big Company, No action, with for directions" bucket. That being so they do not expect any progress and most likely believe it will either get rejected or will be bounced back for state recruitment drive again. They do not provide any references or filing number to verify any thing.

EMC NOF RiR updates

Hi y\'all,

Just got an NOF from MAss DET . Iam a software engineer at EMC. Any one got any more updates. Also, can anyone suggest what my options are ?

Talk to your HR & Lawyer

Talk to your HR & Lawyer and ask(force)them(with the help of your manager) to file NOF rebuttal. Let us know what they say. Please post some details about your case like case#, PD, RD, skills etc... How many layoffs in your group? If you have any questions, email me at rahul_k25@hotmail.com

You are screwed

Hi SymmDeveloper,

EMC seems to be very reluctant to fight the cause of its employees. The attorneys seem to be useless since they lack the courage to go on an appeal and fight out the case in front of the DOL. Maybe EMC should hire some attorneys who have what it takes to get the job done right.

FreakingManiac.

Ha Ha.

EMC\'s Counsel as well as the lawyers hired by EMC seem to be very incompetent. In my Opinion i dont think these people know what they are doing.I have some cases where people working for Lucent in MA have got approved Labor certifications even in the current downturn. So, I wouldnt buy into what your HR or the lawyers say. They just dont want to fight your case as it is a big hassle for them and they get nothing out of it. You are just another pathetic employee.

Yeah sounds like it !!!

The HR folks and attorneys are not ready to file a rebuttal, looks like they are not interested in the case. Can u believe that I was not given any of the details u want like case # etc...

WIll talk to my mgr today and post the details back.

Symmdeveloper

Who is your manager?

who is your manager? Something is fishy with EMC. It looks like the attorneys who work for EMC dont have competence and either they are scared to fight the case or they have instructions from the company as to not file for anything. They might have plans to get rid of more people who are working on H1\'s so that they dont have to deal with any of these headaches. Its better to start looking elsewhere.

EMC Updates anyone ???

Looks like no one has any news on the EMC front.
Anyone got their labor rejected/accepted please post the details.