email the FBI for name check status ??????

rwsh

Registered Users (C)
An earlier posting made the point that:

Quote: <i> “To know if the name check has been completed or not, an applicant can send an email to: FBInncp@ic.fbi.gov and include all their personal information such as name, date of birth, Alien #, SSN, place of birth, address, telephone number etc...Because FBI has been overwhelmed with requests, it may take a long time to receive an answer”. </i> Unquote

Is this still true …. Can you really email the FBI for name check status ??????

Thanks

An earlier posting made the point that:

Quote: <i> “To know if the name check has been completed or not, an applicant can send an email to: FBInncp@ic.fbi.gov and include all their personal information such as name, date of birth, Alien #, SSN, place of birth, address, telephone number etc...Because FBI has been overwhelmed with requests, it may take a long time to receive an answer”. </i> Unquote

Is this still true …. Can you really email the FBI for name check status ??????

Thanks

First of all you don't want to give out such confidential information via email, which in general is not considered very secure and secondly, I highly doubt if FBI is going to provide such critical information as response to an email. Your best bet would be to either call the 800 number to National Helpdesk or to take an Infopass appointment.

I doubt the FBI responds to such e-mails. March 20, 2006 (a little over a year ago) I sent them an e-mail requesting information regarding the name check and I heard nothing from them. Luckily, I didn't have a name check problem. You can call this number. If you're lucky, they'll give some info. If not, they'll give the run around. (304) 625-5590

I hope the FBI is not dealing with these matters directly with the applicant. The FBI help line gives out info about fingerprint results being sent to the USCIS and not namecheck details.