Eligible for US Citizenship But Just Lost Job

mkicha

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I and my wife are eligible for US Citizenship as of July. We prepared the application and all. But I lost my job on Friday. My wife does not work. My daughter is a US Citizen.

- Will that be a problem if applied when I do not have job ?
- Do I need to take care of anything before applying for US Citizenship as I do not have a job? There is a column (where do you work ?) What should I fill this row ?

Has anyone experienced the same state ?

Please share your answers and experiences under this.

Thanks

Having a job is not a requirement for naturalization. You may be asked how you support yourself at interview, but that's about it.

It is not a problem at all. Actually, all the unemployed are called the "bushinites", people who were clearly screwed by Bush era policies. Good luck and the process won't be daunting if you have all the paperwork and meet all eligibility requirements. best wishes to you.

My wife has been unemployed since the Clinton Administration. What does that make her?

Well, she not looking hard enough....lol!!! Clinton economic policies created gazzillions on jobs, she needed to have gotten one and held it. I realize you are a wealthy man, after 10000 post on this board, the perks should be sufficient to cover both you and wife, plus your 8 kids....lol!!! Humor is good for your soul, don't look too hard for it, our sense of humor is what sustain my Jewish forebears for thousand of years.

I need more clear answers. What would I write in the row about current employment ? Has anyone experienced the same situation ?

I need more clear answers. What would I write in the row about current employment ? Has anyone experienced the same situation ?

It is not an issue. Just write employment history up to the most recent one if there is no current job.

The only issue is that you may prepare to relocate when getting another job and relocation will
move you to another USCIS jurisdiction but still that can be handled with

Sorry to hear about your employment situation. current employment situation is not an issue. As long as you have stayed with your green card sponsor employer for long enough and do not have any other issues with law enforcement. Best of luck!

What should I tell how I support my family ? Until I find a job, this will be a tough one to answer. Any thoughts?

What should I tell how I support my family ? Until I find a job, this will be a tough one to answer. Any thoughts?

How are you really supporting your fanmily now? You can say you saved a lot of money when you
last time worked.

Well...just tell the IO, how you are supporting yourself is none of their darn business. The last time I check, 15 million Americans were unemployed, would-be-citizens shouldn't be interrogated unnecessarily by USCIS. Don't worry about this issue, if you do, then it's your business. Unemployed people become US citizen on a daily basis, because employment isn't a qualifying requirement. Unless you are involved in trafficking rodents, telling USCIS how you support yourself shouldn't be a problem. If you have savings, then more power to you. Is your wife employed, if so, end of the story. No USCIS is going to ask you how much your wife makes, she's not being evaluated for eligibility for citizenship. USCIS is a toothless bureaucracy which holds sway on people who aren't prepared to deal with it more forcefully, especially if you are prepared and have no issues. If your taxes are paid, no criminal escapades, you don't beat your wife or neighbors, filing fee is correct and you can write a simple English sentence like " George Bush is a winner", then pass your US history, you are on solid ground.

Well...just tell the IO, how you are supporting yourself is none of their darn business. The last time I check, 15 million Americans were unemployed, would-be-citizens shouldn't be interrogated unnecessarily by USCIS. Don't worry about this issue, if you do, then it's your business. Unemployed people become US citizen on a daily basis, because employment isn't a qualifying requirement. Unless you are involved in trafficking rodents, telling USCIS how you support yourself shouldn't be a problem. If you have savings, then more power to you. Is your wife employed, if so, end of the story. No USCIS is going to ask you how much your wife makes, she's not being evaluated for eligibility for citizenship. USCIS is a toothless bureaucracy which holds sway on people who aren't prepared to deal with it more forcefully, especially if you are prepared and have no issues. If your taxes are paid, no criminal escapades, you don't beat your wife or neighbors, filing fee is correct and you can write a simple English sentence like " George Bush is a winner", then pass your US history, you are on solid ground.

well said...

Hi

I and my wife are eligible for US Citizenship as of July. We prepared the application and all. But I lost my job on Friday. My wife does not work. My daughter is a US Citizen.

- Will that be a problem if applied when I do not have job ?
- Do I need to take care of anything before applying for US Citizenship as I do not have a job? There is a column (where do you work ?) What should I fill this row ?

Has anyone experienced the same state ?

Please share your answers and experiences under this.

Thanks

I applied when I was between jobs. No big deal.
My spouse is stay at home too.
Just give history of jobs and don't write anything for current employment.