Effect of backlog reduction/PERM/updated rules on new LC

Regarding green cards

What is the point of now applying for a job at a company to get a green card. Looks like very soon, all prority dates will go back and we will face big backlogs. Better to join a company for other reasons.

Floyd

Someone please tell me what is perm

startrek said:
Guys Perm Is A Reality Now!

Hi Guys,

Can someone please tell me what in the name of h@@... GOD is PERM. And what is the BEC and such. Or atleast point me to some place where I can read about it. All this makes me very very nervous. :confused:

nkimmigration said:
Hi Guys,

Can someone please tell me what in the name of h@@... GOD is PERM. And what is the BEC and such. Or atleast point me to some place where I can read about it. All this makes me very very nervous. :confused:

PERM is the new electronic filling system of GC labor filling system. People who file under this new system will get results in months rather than years under the existing system.

BEC is backlog reduction center which was opened to clear the backlog of existing LC petitions.

GC_DJ said:
PERM is the new electronic filling system of GC labor filling system. People who file under this new system will get results in months rather than years under the existing system.

BEC is backlog reduction center which was opened to clear the backlog of existing LC petitions.

Thank you very much for the reply. Now what is NPC ?? :confused:

nkimmigration said:
Thank you very much for the reply. Now what is NPC ?? :confused:

NPC are two new Natinal Processing Centers opened in Chicogo and Atlanta which are going to handle the new PERM cases.

Cases filed before Perm

What is the deadline for the cases to go in BEC. as ealier it was 1 Jan 2005.

But now with Perm rule, BEC center will receive the case for all cases before perm or before Dec ?

if before Dec then what would happen to the cases filed between Jan 1 , 2005 till start of per rule ?

Thanks

Lkfgc

Hi,
I am currently in the phase of sending out ads for the RIR but my lawyer says that it will not be possible to file my application before January 1st 2005.
He is saying that he has to go for the advertisement for at least 3 months. Then only he will file my GC on RIR process.

since from July 1 st 2005 the new rules are being taken place I am totally confused. I am not sure what is the best thing to do at the current situation. Just wait it out till January 2005 OR apply under the new deadlines (NON RIR) or not.

Does any one know if the current RIR process will be totally scrapped and PERM will be the ONLY WAY to apply for labor? If I go on NON-RIR (For meeting the Dec 31st dead line) and then apply for RIR, is there any problem?

If any body is in the same boat please share with me. I spoke to some of the Desi companies, they are adviceing me to apply before the dead line i.e. Dec 31 st.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LKFGC

Hi I only see the PERM approval news on the murthy site. Why aren't other immigration sites talking abou this ?

DD2003 said:
What is the deadline for the cases to go in BEC. as ealier it was 1 Jan 2005.

But now with Perm rule, BEC center will receive the case for all cases before perm or before Dec ?

if before Dec then what would happen to the cases filed between Jan 1 , 2005 till start of per rule ?

Thanks

I think NPC will handle only PERM cases, so all the pending cases until then will be sent to BEC for processing.

As far as I know no memorandum talked about Dealline for any stream either RIR or REGULAR. All it says is after 31st December 2005, the SWA's will directly not open the cases or review them but directly send to BEC or NPC's based on whether or not PERM publishes.

There is no deadline to file application in RIR until PERM comes into effect. So, you should be able to file in RIR unti February mid or March 31st. Just make sure to file your labor in atleast one stream before your H1B limit is within 365 days. You should be good.

LKFGC said:
Hi,
I am currently in the phase of sending out ads for the RIR but my lawyer says that it will not be possible to file my application before January 1st 2005.
He is saying that he has to go for the advertisement for at least 3 months. Then only he will file my GC on RIR process.

since from July 1 st 2005 the new rules are being taken place I am totally confused. I am not sure what is the best thing to do at the current situation. Just wait it out till January 2005 OR apply under the new deadlines (NON RIR) or not.

Does any one know if the current RIR process will be totally scrapped and PERM will be the ONLY WAY to apply for labor? If I go on NON-RIR (For meeting the Dec 31st dead line) and then apply for RIR, is there any problem?

If any body is in the same boat please share with me. I spoke to some of the Desi companies, they are adviceing me to apply before the dead line i.e. Dec 31 st.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LKFGC

Thank you

GC_DJ said:
NPC are two new Natinal Processing Centers opened in Chicogo and Atlanta which are going to handle the new PERM cases.

Thank you very much for the info. Now here is my question. The company has applied for my labor in Sept 2003 in Regular. I want that to be changed to RIR, but the company law firm is cautioning me saying, if I happen to retrive my regular application, and then apply back in RIR. The DOL may reject the RIR fileing and it might go back to regular processing. And if that happens I will loose all the time now spent waiting already since I will loose my priority date.

Now that PERM is in the picture, can you guys please advice me on weather I should go for the RIR transition, or should I wait for the regular - going into Backlog Reduction, and keep hopeing nothing goes wrong.

Thanks you for the help.

Will my case go to BEC ?

Hi,

My company in North Carolina filed my labor on Dec 1 2004. Will my case go to BEC. Am I at a major disadvantage filing in Dec instead of waiting for PERM. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
R

tradhi said:
Hi,

My company in North Carolina filed my labor on Dec 1 2004. Will my case go to BEC. Am I at a major disadvantage filing in Dec instead of waiting for PERM. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
R

Hey same here, am from texas and filed for LC in Dec sometime 2nd week. Recieved a confirmation of reciept from TWC. Was wondering if should have waited for PERM, listened to the lawyer... having my fingers crossed ... long wait from now I guess ... wait ...

jackLavish said:
Hey same here, am from texas and filed for LC in Dec sometime 2nd week. Recieved a confirmation of reciept from TWC. Was wondering if should have waited for PERM, listened to the lawyer... having my fingers crossed ... long wait from now I guess ... wait ...

North Carolina is current. Nov 2004 cases are being processed. Do you think that might help ? How is Texas doing ? Are all cases before Jan 1 2005 going to BEC's ?

"North Carolina is current. Nov 2004 cases are being processed. Do you think that might help ? How is Texas doing ? Are all cases before Jan 1 2005 going to BEC's ?"

Good for you! Current is good!! :D Texas is a year behind i see. well i still dunno if i did the right thing to go ahead and file for LC at this time ... could have waited, should have? need some one to say i did the right thing i guess ... :D

Complicated Situation

Hi Everybody,
My 6 years on H1-B will be over by next oct-2005. I have applied for my labor from florida in Jun-2004 (under EB3) and my application went from florida to atlanta in nov-2004. Now that all EB-3 applications are retrogressed my lawyer is advising me to file another labor petition under EB-2 category, since i have a MS degree and over 5 years of experience he says I can apply thru EB-2 Category. But the problem is he wants me to apply under "Information Systems Manager" position, but my current job and all my
previous experience is on Database Administration, my current title is DBA, he says that it is not a problem and I should be ok with it.

Here are my concerns with all the new rules like priority dates and PERM rules.

1) Is it ok to file another application under EB-2 category as an "Information Systems Manager" , would I gain anything with this new labor application ?
2) Would the new labor application create any problems in the future while applying for I-140/485 ?
3) If I file this new labor application under RIR and can this be later converted to PERM ? or do I have to wait until the PERM rules are clear ?
4) If I go with the new PERM under EB-2 , I know that PERM rules are stricter , would I end up with any problems since i am applying as Information Systems Manager position ?

Thanks!

jackLavish said:
"North Carolina is current. Nov 2004 cases are being processed. Do you think that might help ? How is Texas doing ? Are all cases before Jan 1 2005 going to BEC's ?"

Good for you! Current is good!! :D Texas is a year behind i see. well i still dunno if i did the right thing to go ahead and file for LC at this time ... could have waited, should have? need some one to say i did the right thing i guess ... :D

We dont know what new clauses will come with PERM and how long we have to wait to go through PERM..By the time people get their cases filed..it might be march or april at the least i think...and under these circumstances I dont personally feel its a bad thing to apply for before PERM...but its simply my opinion.

Can you please let me know if you have any idea about the following.

Will all cases before Jan 1 2005 go into BEC. My company filed my case on Dec 1 and got a receipt notice. Say the state opens and clears it sometime in Jan / Feb...will the federal go to a BEC....How does it work ? Any idea ?

Listen to your lawyer and file new LC with different title so that you do not lose your old application, in case if Dates become current and that is approved you will still be able to apply for 485 and 140. You have a good lawyer. I had to suggest this option of apply for different position to retain other LC to my lawyer.

Don't delay. If your company is paying for it go for it. OR if you are paying, just negotiate with company to share expenses. Once PERM comes you can reapply based on how easy or tough it is to get throu PERM.

BocaH1 said:
Hi Everybody,
My 6 years on H1-B will be over by next oct-2005. I have applied for my labor from florida in Jun-2004 (under EB3) and my application went from florida to atlanta in nov-2004. Now that all EB-3 applications are retrogressed my lawyer is advising me to file another labor petition under EB-2 category, since i have a MS degree and over 5 years of experience he says I can apply thru EB-2 Category. But the problem is he wants me to apply under "Information Systems Manager" position, but my current job and all my
previous experience is on Database Administration, my current title is DBA, he says that it is not a problem and I should be ok with it.

Here are my concerns with all the new rules like priority dates and PERM rules.

1) Is it ok to file another application under EB-2 category as an "Information Systems Manager" , would I gain anything with this new labor application ?
2) Would the new labor application create any problems in the future while applying for I-140/485 ?
3) If I file this new labor application under RIR and can this be later converted to PERM ? or do I have to wait until the PERM rules are clear ?
4) If I go with the new PERM under EB-2 , I know that PERM rules are stricter , would I end up with any problems since i am applying as Information Systems Manager position ?

Thanks!