Educational Qualification & CP

snm65

Registered Users (C)
I got my labour certification complete yesterday. As I was talking to my lawyer, she expressed serious doubts about me getting through CP.
I have a B.com and am a Chartered Accountant with about 8 years Indian Exprience prior to coming to the US. My job description is Business Analyst. I want to go ahead an file my I140 taking the CP route. Please someone let me know if you have similar backgound and similar job description and have succefully completed CP. Thanks:)

Originally posted by snm65
I got my labour certification complete yesterday. As I was talking to my lawyer, she expressed serious doubts about me getting through CP.
I have a B.com and am a Chartered Accountant with about 8 years Indian Exprience prior to coming to the US. My job description is Business Analyst. I want to go ahead an file my I140 taking the CP route. Please someone let me know if you have similar backgound and similar job description and have succefully completed CP. Thanks:)

Your major step in GC processing is complete with LAbor Certification approval.

I-140 (To petition for an alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States. This form is filed on behalf of an alien, and not by the alien.) is Stage second of GC process. This stage is just to prove that your employer is ready to sponsor you and the employer is doing in good faith.

Stage three is AOS or CP. If you can get GC through AOS (1-485) than you can also get through CP. Most lawyers don't have enough experience in going through the CP process. Also fees of CP is much less than AOS. Hence most lawyers usually give negative opinion about CP.

My thoughts: if you can get GC through AOS than you can surely get GC through CP. Both AOS and CP have advantages and disadvantages, make sure you are aware of them.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also a commerce grad and CA in india. Went thru CP route and got approved. The officer did not even asked for my certs or qualifications. However, i have carried my educational evaluation cert that gave me 'equivalency to B.S in computers' based on my education and software experience (9 years of software development exp) in India and USA.

I do not forsee any issue with qualifications (my experience).
Thanks,
Puliraju

Puliraju,

Could please tell me who did your educational evaluation because I would like to have mine done - just in case - thanks:)